• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Benchrest Pistol

Thanks Ron, I will, but . . . where is it you hang out that has a lot of dumb blondes. Just asking.

It's a very 'exclusive' gentlemen's called Shaggyy Maggyy's. There's actually no dumb blondes, but one very sharp red merle.

1700970998427.png

You're invited.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips guys, but I have some follow up questions. For me, benchrest is all about precision shooting on paper targets and with a max range of 25 yards I don't think I need to care much about power. I currently have an hw75, diana chaser and crosman 2240. I have sold half my rifles and will sell the other half as I am concentrating solely on pistol now.

My hw75 is perfect as is. I have switched back and forth between a red dot for offhand shooting and a scope for bench, but I would like to stop changing the optic and have different pistols for red dot and for scope. I mostly shoot offhand, but I do like to shoot bench as well from time to time. I could just buy a 2d hw75, but I would like to add a different model to my stable and I would like to spend a little less.

My Diana Chaser was very accurate and I had my 75 wearing a red dot and my Chaser an Airmax scope and that combo worked well. I happen to like CO2 in warm weather but since the weather cooled down it has lost its great accuracy. I don't want to mess with pcp anymore so I have been l looking for a SSP or multi-pump or springer pistol that will be accurate and also has a scope rail.

I cannot tell from the pictures I saw at a quick glance but it doesn't look like the 1377 or the HP-01 have scope rails. The hw 40 sounds like a 75 in polymer, which would be OK, but again, it doesn't seem to have a rail and it is too much like my 75. I wish CO2 worked well in the cold but it doesn't. I will look closer at the suggested pistols to see if any do have a rail.

The Diana LP8 looks promising but what I have read so far stresses its power and not accuracy. I will look into this one further.
I feel like the Hatsan MOD 25 would probably fit your needs about as well as anything...

It's more accurate than I expected, and better than you'd expect for the $, plus plenty of power.