• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bench Rest Scopes

I just looked and Leopold no longer makes the fixed power.

Hmm, I didn't know that?! You could likely get a super deal on a used one. I traded mine for $600 worth of value about 8 years ago. I almost wish I kept it for BR or working up loads with the centerfires. They do range great for FT, I won a few state matches with mine.

No new T-36 scopes that I could find,but I did look at the sightron. The problem with the fixed power is if they are dark in low light you are stuck with it. My range on the east side is through the timber and I have a lot of shadows. I can't shoot past 70 yards on the west side because the crops are in. The east side I shoot from inside of my closed in porch that has ac. So I have that going for me.....which is nice! I started out looking at 3 and now I am up to 5.

For $1200 max budget you're going to get a dark picture past 30x-35x. You need to dip into the $3000+ range for European glass perfection but still...

You should just buy all and return everything except one to keep. Some people can't distinguish what blurry is to give any accurate suggestions on recommendations. All eyes are different. Some are really bad!!!

MUELLER (BSA CHINA) 8-32x44...$229

THAT made my day...

For $1200 max budget you're going to get a dark picture past 30x-35x. You need to dip into the $3000+ range for European glass perfection but still...

You should just buy all and return everything except one to keep. Some people can't distinguish what blurry is to give any accurate suggestions on recommendations. All eyes are different. Some are really bad!!!

MUELLER (BSA CHINA) 8-32x44...$229

THAT made my day...

My Sightrons don't get dark beyond 30X. I shoot BR at 35 and 40X. In fact, they are good up to the max of 50X.

I don’t see any mention of the Valdada product. I have been doing some research on that line of late. Richard Utting and Rex and of course Joe speak highly of this brand. The Spyder 9x36 44 would push your budget though. These scopes are not well received by folks on the Long Range forums. It’s not clear to me if that was the case a few years back or still is currently. The Crusader tics a lot of the boxes. 1st focal plane 5.8-40X power, 40 mm tube, 56 mm objective and close focus at 21 Ft. Oh and don’t forget excellent glass. It is heavy though. 
Regarding budget....the old adage “Buy once, cry once” is worth considering if you find the perfect fit.

So what power do you need with a clear quality scope to clearly see your impact hits of say 22 cal. at 100 yards? 

I have been all over the PB forums and it is still the same ones I have been looking at. I looked at what the air gun shooters in Europe are using and saw several Hawke 10-50 and 8-40 ED being used. I have made my choice. It is going to cost me over three grand because I will need to buy another gun to put the extra scope i will have on. You can't have a gun with no scope or a scope with no gun. Scopes are like fishing rods. You can catch just as many fish with a $60.00 dollar rod as you can with a $600.00 dollar rod,but nobody want's to be seen with a $60.00 dollar rod. Phineas T. Phreak,out? 

Only cheap alternative I can say is a $229 Chinese Aim Sports Alpha6 4.5-27x50 SFP Illuminated 10 yard focus ...I also pitted them to my $3200.00+ March-F 4-24x52 which of course was the clearest and 14x more expensive but not 14x clearer than the Alpha6 it was shocking to feel stupid about a cheap generic no name scope could be ok on this comparison until I actually did it. ...

I had also a ZOS 10-40x50, for a price point it was shockingly sharp up to a very last maybe 10% @100, and I managed to "kill it", it lost the crosshair centerline (I may take a rubber mallet if I could fix it). I would still buy an other one.

I guess I will give this Alpha6 a try, kind of missing a bigger power on this lens.

Delta Stryker HD 5-50 and Don't look back . It's an INCREDIBLE SCOPE

Is the minimum 25 yard parallax adjustment trouble for short range shooting on an FX Impact though?

The SFP Delta has parallax to 10m.

The FFP to 25m. I have the FFP version on my impact and it's not been a handicap at all. It'll focus clearly down to about 12-15m at around 6x and below, and a half decent cheek weld goes a long way to prevent any significant parallax error. Mine will focus completely parallax free to 21m at 30x too.