• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events bench rest ... 100y Pro Class winner – Nikolay

I find it interesting ..Nickolay..
standard.jpg
[/url][/img]. ..

makes the trip over..and kicks butt with a rifle I have not heard of..or Nickoaly for that matter is there a story I missed..impressive I feel.

and congrats 

Reactions: AirSupply
Hi! Thank you for congratulations.

Look, I did not kick anybody's butt. It was a difficult competitions with the highest level shooters... Respect to all of them! It was an honor for me to be on EBR and to show what I can in real competitions conditions, on the other side of the world, with opposite to Russia climate (when I arrived to Arizona - first snow fell in Russia). It is an invaluable experience for me.

With best wishes,

Nikolay Boldov.

Wow, just read that Mike, thanks.

Man, so, Nikolay is shooting the .22 RD Monsters at 1000 fps (55 fpe) in a nonregulated rifle! Just blows me away. 700mm = 27.5 inch barrel

copied below from Nikolay's post

".22 jsb monster redesign 305 m/s

Lothar Walther 700mm length

No moderator, no regulator

Single fit everywhere

Bushnell et6245fg

24x all br and 10x all others"

Congrats, and I hope you make it to USA for more matches Nikolay

He built it and tuned. its his profession 

Well, it is not quite correct. I have 3 higher educations - Lawyer (International Private Law), Translator (English), MBA (Strategic planning). No engeneering or something like that education. I'm head of legal department in one of Russian transportation companies - that is my profession.

The thing is the I'm perfectionist. If I go into airguns, I've got to do everything I can to get the best result by legal and fair ways. I shoot airgun competitions in Russia from the 2013. In 2017 I've got the idea - what should my ideal BR airgun look like, how it should work like, what barrel to use, what stock to have, what settings to make and so on an so on... I've got very general design and drawings, my friend engeneers halped me to issue correct technical documentation on all that stuff. Another guys made my order in metal. Than was a long way of settings adjustment to get stable sub-moa (10 shots 100 meters) airgun...

Step by step I came to my small airgun tuning workshop (my second hobby-job so to say). Several Russian Airgun Champions use my airguns...

So aigun tuning is not my profession (I don't have special education), I'm just sophysticated airgunner. 😄

Sounds like you worked hard in every way possible to achieve all your goals! Payed a hefty price with time, cost, innovation, etc, and tuning to the nats ass. That usually gives the outcome of success! Maybe even a bit of luck was involved concerning relays, benches, wind conditions??, I felt sorry for the people in relay #1 in the 50 meter event because of the intense wind. 

Congrats! 

Kolya congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing the video! It is instructive, and if I may, some questions:

1. It looks like you didn't zero the scope for the distance. If not, why not?

2. How did you adjust for your wind flags? It looked like you used them to signal when to shoot, rather than how much to hold off. Is this the case?

Thank you

Kim

Sounds like you worked hard in every way possible to achieve all your goals! Payed a hefty price with time, cost, innovation, etc, and tuning to the nats ass. That usually gives the outcome of success! Maybe even a bit of luck was involved concerning relays, benches, wind conditions??, I felt sorry for the people in relay #1 in the 50 meter event because of the intense wind. 

Congrats!

I shot in the 2 relay... The wind was also unreadable - my wing flags were just thrown to the land several times, that means that it was above the 10 meters per second. Only at the end of the 3rd match of the 2nd relay the wind sometimes started gettind lower than 5 m\s and I had at least a bit of chance to read it. And of course the 3rd relay were the lucky ones. :)

That is the reason why in Russia we shoot 1 match by 1 relay, than the 1 match by 2 relay, than the 2 match by 1 relay and so on. So everybody has a chance to get good wind.

Kolya congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing the video! It is instructive, and if I may, some questions:

1. It looks like you didn't zero the scope for the distance. If not, why not?

2. How did you adjust for your wind flags? It looked like you used them to signal when to shoot, rather than how much to hold off. Is this the case?

Thank you

Kim

Thank you! 

1) I've zeroed the scope during the sight in at the very beginning of finals. And I have a rule - I don't touch the scope after the sight in. That is why I take all corrections by the reticle after that.

2) I used flags and shot in so to say conservative style due to extreme value of this competitions for me. When I practice and train I use flags to get all the information and about strong wind adjustments. But when I shoot the competitions the main thing for me - to be sure in every shot. That is exactly what you see at the video. Although I had my mistake that's why I've got 7 score in one target.

Here is how I do during my practice with the wind:

https://youtu.be/Tt7QnECImb0