Behold the Motorhead Marauder

Ed (Duckfish) is well aware that Scott copied my Marauder and built his own and one for his buddy.
I sold my three Marauders with Boyd stocks to Cameron when I left the darkside.
Scott did tune my Marauder at 885fps with 10.34…

The proof:
My Marauder on my shooting cart.
I still have the cart:

View attachment 449452

A couple 10 shot groups and a 8 shot group. 50 yds. Off a rice bag no rear bag.

IMG_3997.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg

IMG_4003.jpeg

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_3996.jpeg

IMG_3998.jpeg

Dang ED, You picked up that rifle what 3-4 years ago ? ( Was a very good friends FT rifle who passed away during the covid pandemic )
It was just one of DOZENS done in about those years for different folks around the country.
No I did not COPY Franks rifle as I had Done Franks rifle using the same recipe of parts & pieces, prep etc ... All the builds for others were R&D designed AFTER building & fine tuning my personal Gen 1 .177 that I still own to this day. The EGG did come before the Chicken in this case :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 449609
Thanks for the little bit of history on it. I don’t shoot it as much as I should. But when I do it always amazes me.
Do you recall what year did you do the mods on it?

Reactions: Bandito
I was shooting with Ed today.
The speed is dropping a bit on his Marauder.
Down to around 852fps.
Might be time to look at the HUMA regulator.
Side note:
The R1 was shooting pellet for pellet along side the Marauder at yards.
Yep Franks been shooting that R1 since he bought it from the good doctor R. Beeman. He knows how.

Thanks for the little bit of history on it. I don’t shoot it as much as I should. But when I do it always amazes me.
Do you recall what year did you do the mods on it?
I built it for Rick when he was active when the SVFTC first got established doing FT events ... Records show 2014 ;)

This isn't bragging at all and nor should it ever be taken that way but I did win the Mn state HFT last year with this gun after only owning it for 24 hours. With that being said there wasn't many competitors. @cavedweller mentored me so how could I lose.
@Kerndtc - ! see what you started

All I can say is thank you guys. This little red rifle had changed my life in so many good ways. It's crazy to think that this is even possible.
I purchased Franks PCP estate a while back, when he decided to get out of the HPA side of airgunning.

I believe this red 177 Marauder on this thread was Franks. It has had nearly all of the Motorhead magic performed on it many years back, needed a full reseal and a couple things inspected and cleaned up after the many years of service it provided.

I base nearly all my Mrod tunes off of all the tips and tricks I've learned from Motorhead over the years. Hard to improve something that's already amazing.

I have another Mrod I need to sell that has all the internal work (and a little more) than that red one! The only thing is it has a factory Gen 2 wooden stock, and is a Custom Shop Mrod w/ LW barrel.

Very glad I'm one of the many hands that were involved in you receiving a rifle you are proud to own!

Cam

Kind of wishing for this in .20 or a Diana 75. The 20 set up for FTT heavies to do my own shooting, probably no FT competition for me. I get out to help a bud on his farm but sometimes I just don't get out. I refuse to take pain meds. Doing PT right now. That's Pain and Torture to the unsuspecting. Be Well, RZ.
Wouldn't be super hard to convert a Mrod to .20, it's been done before.

I'd probably start with a .25 Marauder so I can use a thicker wall on the barrel at the breech end.

Kind of wishing for this in .20 or a Diana 75. The 20 set up for FTT heavies to do my own shooting, probably no FT competition for me. I get out to help a bud on his farm but sometimes I just don't get out. I refuse to take pain meds. Doing PT right now. That's Pain and Torture to the unsuspecting. Be Well, RZ.
Ice is your friend.... ice the injury site as often as possible.

My suggestion to anyone reading this thread is get your hands on a Motörhead RAW or Marauder or any guns he worked on ASAP, especially the ones he did full “swap” magic sauce on. They are night and day better than the original!

None of us are getting any younger so enjoy his guns while you can and get one while you can find one or get on his calendar. Think he will keep on doing this for a few more years but he certainly won’t be doing this forever.

My suggestion to anyone reading this thread is get your hands on a Motörhead RAW or Marauder or any guns he worked on ASAP, especially the ones he did full “swap” magic sauce on. They are night and day better than the original!

None of us are getting any younger so enjoy his guns while you can and get one while you can find one or get on his calendar. Think he will keep on doing this for a few more years but he certainly won’t be doing this forever.
Yea, at 65 now, the willingness and needing of the extra $$$ to play FT at a high level has matured. While I'm just getting the shop going again after a 5+ month medical recovery hiatus, the type AG's, what folks are requesting and what work I'll be offering is already being whittled down.

Fun thread and THANK YOU to all who have shared positive experiences working with me these past 10+ Years (y)

Yea, at 65 now, the willingness and needing of the extra $$$ to play FT at a high level has matured. While I'm just getting the shop going again after a 5+ month medical recovery hiatus, the type AG's, what folks are requesting and what work I'll be offering is already being whittled down.

Fun thread and THANK YOU to all who have shared positive experiences working with me these past 10+ Years (y)

Visionaries like you help drive those of us that wish to follow in kind.

Thank you for your invite and conversations, private and public. You have accomplished more than you know.

Just curious. I see the machined foster cap and the laminated custom stock. I also see a custom bolt handle. Those things are just cosmetic with some functional benefit like the cheek riser. But what internally makes these guns different from another Marauder? Is the valve modded? Cobra? balanced? Is there a regulator? Different barrel? Has anything been done to address the prodigious weight and length?