• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beginners question

Double bag and trash. Cat litter boxes are pretty good too. Double bag will hold skunk for several days. Double bag into cat litter box will hold it for a week.

On skinning, there are hundreds of videos on line. Use a sharp knife and be careful with your digits. When I was processing rabbits for the freezer, I hung the animal by two hind legs from a bar. A frame ladder will work, too. Cut a line around the knee and start turning the skin inside out. Pull the skin down until the connective tissue sticks, then lightly touch the sticky spot with the knife. Pull the skin down to the head/front legs. Cut the head and front legs with garden shears. Slip skin off the carcass.

charlieCapture.1628290270.JPG

Super helpful thank you! I have watched a few videos on rabbits, just read an article on the groundhogs. I'll watch some videos this weekend. I need to get a good knife too.

Be careful with your knife selection bigger is not always better, I find a three and a half to four inch blade gives you better control. Sharper is however much better more people hurt themselves with knives that aren't sharp enough because they are trying to force the work with the blade. A blade that's sharp only requires a touch or slight pressure to do its job.

Hi, I recently got a .22 rifle to take care of some problematic groundhogs on my property. I live in more of a city type environment, with wooded areas nearby. What I have not been able to find, is how would I "get rid of the body"? I'm concerned something will eat it and consume the lead and ultimately die. Thanks all

A consumed pellet will not kill a scavenger, only an "injected" pellet will ;)

1] You can always get .22 lead free pellets they work well and then let the critters do the rest. 2] Get a gas auger similar to this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/164936712287? they will make a hole about 2 feet deep just like that and no one will dig them up at that depth.

Just be careful where you bury them. Ever see the movie "Pet Cemetery" by Stephen King??

I've cleaned most of my squirrels but I also threw away a few. I take my own trash to the collection facility but that doesn't matter much. But if squirrels or squirrel guts sit in the sun a few days they don't smell very good. So I store them outside and add them to a trash bag when I am on the way to the collection facility. Never had a problem.