• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beginner looking for a good break barrel...

I will keep that in mind seems like that gun is a decent value. What kind of reliable accuracy to yards can you expect from springers in that price range out of curiosity? Not trying to do no crazy competition shooting just a curious about the air guns capability.

I may have mis-read, but didn't you already drop your money on a 430L? If you did, that is a higher quality rifle than the Model 34. Not to say that it will out shoot one as the Model 34/36 platform is just a very nice shooter out of the box. I have no experience with a 430L; however, I have a number of Diana springers which will pass the ten dimes challenge.

As far as springer accuracy is concerned, let me link an old post: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/how-to-improve-my-technique/#post-114076

All three rifles mentioned in this thread, Walther Terrus, Model 34, or the 430L should be able to pass the 10 dimes challenge IF you find the right pellet AND get all the other details right.

Ten Dimes Challenge: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/ten-dimes-challenge-changed/

I will keep that in mind seems like that gun is a decent value. What kind of reliable accuracy to yards can you expect from springers in that price range out of curiosity? Not trying to do no crazy competition shooting just a curious about the air guns capability.

I may have mis-read, but didn't you already drop your money on a 430L? If you did, that is a higher quality rifle than the Model 34. Not to say that it will out shoot one as the Model 34/36 platform is just a very nice shooter out of the box. I have no experience with a 430L; however, I have a number of Diana springers which will pass the ten dimes challenge.

As far as springer accuracy is concerned, let me link an old post: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/how-to-improve-my-technique/#post-114076

All three rifles mentioned in this thread, Walther Terrus, Model 34, or the 430L should be able to pass the 10 dimes challenge IF you find the right pellet AND get all the other details right.

Ten Dimes Challenge: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/ten-dimes-challenge-changed/

I did indeed purchase the 430L and that is reassuring with your testament of the rifle. I haven't received it yet only purchasing it a couple of days ago. I will be checking out your links and I do need to find a scope and test some pellets when I get the rifle in. I need to set up a range for some of the accuracy testing and sighting in. Thank you for the suggestions. 

Probably get flamed but I've had good luck with Gamo's and don't know of anyone else making a magazine fed break barrel. They are ugly plastic with just OK triggers but my Maxxim's will shoot right alongside my $800 European break barrels for accuracy. They are my go-to hunting break barrels. I don't worry about scratching them too. 😂

Umarex and Hatsan have been more of a lottery with regard to quality. The cheap Chinese guns I tried were even worse.

Beginner looking for good one break barrel, my advice would be to look around and maybe you will be lucky and get your self a Beeman R9.

I have owened 5 R9's and to this day it is my all around favorite break barrel air rifle, had two in .177 cal and three .20 cal Gold Finger R9's.

You asked for good and let me tell you they will put pellet on pellet if you do your part. I found one of my Gold Fingers .20 cal R9's scoped from the factory for 200 bucks, it was a little rough and was saddened by its looks. Let me tell you when l shot that gun and adjusted the scope got one tiny hole at 14 yards.

I put one .20 cal pellet in the hole and covered it, made me smile. 

Beginner looking for good one break barrel, my advice would be to look around and maybe you will be lucky and get your self a Beeman R9.

I have owened 5 R9's and to this day it is my all around favorite break barrel air rifle, had two in .177 cal and three .20 cal Gold Finger R9's.

You asked for good and let me tell you they will put pellet on pellet if you do your part. I found one of my Gold Fingers .20 cal R9's scoped from the factory for 200 bucks, it was a little rough and was saddened by its looks. Let me tell you when l shot that gun and adjusted the scope l put 5 pellets in one tiny hole at 14 yards.

I put one .20 cal pellet in the hole and covered it, made me smile.