Beginner in Dania beach, Florida

Welcome Petrucci12 from Stuart just up above Palm Beach. If you are coming in from powder-burning (or not) these new hi-end PCP air rifles will just Blow You Away with their Accuracy and capabilities. These definitely aren‘t the air guns you grew up around.

I am going to Try real hard NOT to get any more than the 2 pedigree rifles I have bought in last year or so…but all bets are Off if I can hold back this “Crack Habit” long term.

This forum is absolutely Fantastic for learning, sharing Your experience, asking general or technical questions, etc.

Come on In, the water’s warm and we‘re all having a great time🤪🤪😎

Across the peninsula here, Punta Gorda. First thing is find a safe place to shoot. I know there's a lot of iguanas available for target practice there, but practice on paper first, learn good hunting safety and rules.
I know and my biggest problem is I live in a condo so I don't know where to start to go practice. Plus it's confusing at the beginning to what to buy. I have a gammo Swarm fusion but I wanted to go PCP but it's somehow overwhelming.

Welcome to the rabbit hole! I'm down in Miami. It gets addicting! Especially when you invest in an air compressor and high end airguns!
It's a lot of money the initial investment, I was looking at a Fx Maverick used but even if I get a good deal then I need an air compressor plus a scope if it doesn't come with one.

It's a lot of money the initial investment, I was looking at a Fx Maverick used but even if I get a good deal then I need an air compressor plus a scope if it doesn't come with one.
You can start like a lot of us and hand pump. It’s always a good backup. If you do that get a 177, more shot for the pumping work

Reactions: petrucci12
Welcome aboard pal! Hope your journey on this path is rich & rewarding. I got into it 6 or 7 years ago & the options for finding suitable equipment for individual wants & needs has grown exponentially since then! Great time to start airgunning. Can get confusing but don't be afraid to ask questions.

Pertrucci,
Greetings from Tampa, welcome to the Nation. Great idea first figuring out where to shoot, another member just chucked the whole thing because friends promised places to shoot that never panned out. This forum can provide the "nuts-and-bolts" information you need understanding we rarely agree 100% on anything! My advice, provided you find a place to shoot, is start small (<$500 PCP/$50 HPA Hand Pump) and see how things work out. Best of Luck, WM

I’m just a little west of you in Phoenix, Arizona, oh wait that doesn’t help at all but it sounds like you have plenty of new friends in the area. I’m a one gun addict, here is what I brought home yesterday. Daystate Red Wolf .22 caliber it’s a great hobby, sport and addiction. Enjoy you new travels.

IMG_2045.jpeg

You can also get a carbon “Scott pack” type tank like the fire depts use and get it filled at a scuba shop. There are some reasonably priced ones that have a couple years already expended on their age. Do NOT buy a “great deal” Chinese tank as the dive shops will probably not agree to fill it.

Also a good idea to call around a bit (at least many dive shops down here) to Ask them IF they will fill a carbon fiber tank for you. They will usually Not go higher than 3800-4000 even though the Carbon wrapped tanks are made for a 4400(?) psi rating. Some will just plain Not do it and are Only interested in Sport Divers. Unfortunately a regular SCUBA 80 Cu Ft. tank will only fill a rifle with small reservoir a couple times before you hit equilibrium with the dive tanks pressure…so No Air going IN to gun. They only take 3000 psi so very little “Headroom” in the fill.

Make sure is a DOT Cert. recognized maker of tank. Preferably a US Manufacturer. Most of the guns will be able to be filled 5-7 times if a 250 Bar rifle that does not have a Big bottle in Front of the stock. That would be good for sever hundred shots at range for the day.

a guy that come to mind would be something like a Benjamin Marauder. What are those running used these days? I read that they can be crazy accurate but not in the big-money $1,500 - $2,000 range.

even if a used rifle there is enough Knowledge On-Tap here to probably Easily walk you through replacing a couple O- Rings in a resealing of any leaks or such.

Good Luck and post Questions. everyone here is always eager to help a grasshopper along😎. Steve D.

PS: I know I would Not have the dive to be hand pumping one of these things. It is generally regarded to be the Pits…

I know and my biggest problem is I live in a condo so I don't know where to start to go practice. Plus it's confusing at the beginning to what to buy. I have a gammo Swarm fusion but I wanted to go PCP but it's somehow overwhelming.
Welcome to AGN It is very overwhelming at first with all the pcp offerings, then the fill source, pellets, slugs, optics, the list goes on. This is a great place to ask questions, gain knowledge and help you make your decisions based on real use information.

I’m right in pompano beach.

There are a lot of good PCPs well under 500 that will work. You’ll want quiet with access to reasonable ammo cost.
I have a big carbon fiber tank 97cu f. Dive shops fill mine to 4600 psi. For 9 bucks. 10 minutes away

Once you get your air source and scope selection / mounting ..your main costs will be ammo and targets …
Good luck and reach out if you need some questions answered

I’m right in pompano beach.

There are a lot of good PCPs well under 500 that will work. You’ll want quiet with access to reasonable ammo cost.
I have a big carbon fiber tank 97cu f. Dive shops fill mine to 4600 psi. For 9 bucks. 10 minutes away

Once you get your air source and scope selection / mounting ..your main costs will be ammo and targets …
Good luck and reach out if you need some questions answered
Cool, do you know any places to go near by where I can shoot the pcp with no problems ? I just got myself a very nice Fx Maverick thanks to Florida man. Thanks.

Reactions: Florida_Man