• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Before my first shot

Yes, it might be a good idea to clean the barrel. Hard to say if it has stuff in it to protect it or stuff left from testing. When you first cock the gun be sure to pull the lever back all the way until it locks. I had to pull it back a couple of clicks farther than I thought to get it to lock the sear and allow me to return the lever to close the breech and shoot. At first I thought there was something wrong with the gun. Enjoy!

Clean it,oil it, check and tighten every screw you can see. Use the patchworm kit or similar. Nylon only bore brushes if you use a cleaning rod ( be very careful at breach and muzzle). Silicon oil and or 3&1 oil, and Ballistol. Enjoy!

3&1 oil is petroleum based and should not be used on air rifles. Not sure about Ballistol but the propellant in it is also considered flammable, so likely should be avoided near the compression chamber.

3&1 is fine for linkages,joints,pivot points,and triggers.Just don't get it on the only 1 o-ring (breach seal) on a break-barrel or the only 1 breach cup on an under-lever,simple enuff. I'd go with just silicon oil for PCP,s so as not to inadvertantly damage any o-rings. Never had an issue with detonation using Ballistol.But then I don't leave the bore totally saturated with it.

Hey Steve. I saw that you got some of those cleaning pellets. A word of caution. I don't know if they r supposed to be (shot) out. BUT. If they r and to be used in a springer I'd load more than just 1 in the breach at a time. If you shoot just 1 at a time it may be akin to (dry firing, no pellet in the breach) which is detrimental to spring air rifles. There is a cleaning kit on the market called " The PatchWorm Kit " and you will be able to safely clean the bore of your gun.