Been kicking this old 2240 around for… decades now.

Thieves stole the grips off of it ten years back. I fergot what it was for many years. It has just been sitting on a shelf in the basement for, what seems like, eons patiently waiting for me to do something with it. It’s a DAQ .20 caliber PCP? A surprise to me it is. I lost a lot of memory from back in the day so I really have no idea. Maybe it’s a bulk fill Co2.

I finally got interested in the pistol when I looked at it today as I sit waiting impatiently for my MK2 impact to arrive. So I tried to fill it with air and that was a no go. The check valve is bad and all of the air just gushes back out when I bleed the line it won’t hold any air at all. Onto the operating table it goes and outcome the Allen wrenches, screw drivers and a metric Crescent wrench.

I noticed on the tear down that the hammer spring looks like PCP material. The valve is screwed to the air chamber tube. I am not sure how big the opening is. Not sure why I did not take pictures. My bad I guess. The valve is held by not only the stock Crosman #6 screw but the number eight screw that usually only secures the grip frame. Looks like it should be good for 1200psi or so anyway.

I hooked up the slow fill Ninja tank to charge it up after putting on a new check valve. I opened the slow fill tank valve and the pressure gauge on the small tank jumped to 3000psi. That was way too quick for me to even react. I wasn’t ready for that. So, I quickly bled the line disconnected it and preceded to shoot it down to what I figured was a more reasonable pressure although without a gauge in the gun it’s hard to be sure. Still the hammer spring was up to the task and the thing fired off some pretty good bursts of air. I figured ten or twelve shots with the tiny air cylinder should have it down to a safe pressure? I just guessed at this one.

So at least the pressure check is done. I had about fifteen good shots after that before I could hear the gun running low on air. Put one of my cheap BSA scopes on it since the cheap plastic red dot on it died right away. Then I cautiously refilled the gun with a couple of short bursts of air to about 1200psi. Tried to do a shot count but lost my shot count in all of the excitement.

This thing shoots with some authority, although coming from DAQ, I should probly have expected that.

That makes four guns that need to be tested, chronied and sighted in. Going to have to break down and get out of the house someday soon it looks as if I am going to get this done.

So another fun pistol added to the ranks of the many. 

And another day waiting for my Impact that once again did not show up because they took it from the warehouse three miles down the road and shipped it up into Washington a couple of hundred miles away. A regular occurrence though but it usually means a hand off to USPS so another couple of days added onto an already five day delayed schedule. 

Oh, so many first world problems I have. Not sure I am going to make it much longer. ;^)

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Yes, this one is threaded about half of my DAQs were the threaded ones but most were stolen. Still I have a few left. But even the short slide in units fit the barrels much tighter than any of the original Crosman breeches ever have. I still have a few DAQ and some RJ Machine breeches also in my box of breeches. Plus a couple of BNM, a couple Custom Air, and a couple exclusive as well as several stock Crosman breeches as well. Get them when you can cuz as often as not people quit making them just when you want more.

I have several guns that need testing and sighted in but I am always waiting for the parts trucks, FedEx, USPS, UPS to deliver airguns and parts to me so I seldom get out to shoot. Just another first world problem and I have so many. ;^)