• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman Sportsman rs2

Signing up here made me dig out a Beeman Sportsman rs2 .22 caliber I picked up a while back. Now I know it's not the top of the heap but it was $25 at an estate sale so I don't think I'm hurting. I do remember I function tested it and it worked fine back when I got it. I think I'm going to play with it tomorrow and see if it will group.
How are these rifles in general? It was an impulse buy so I didn't do any research past the avg ebay price when I bought it. I am hoping it might do for some small game hunting but I'm definitely going to upgrade at some point.

I never warmed up to the one I had-the shot cycle was very harsh and it killed one of my favorite scopes. It did have a fairly nice trigger.
Clean the barrel with a pull-through like the patchworm and try different pellets to see which it shoots best.
I ended up with a Beeman R9 in .22, gave away the RS2 and never looked back.

Reactions: Deerstalker
One huge issue with the one I had-the scope stop is just a piece of sheet metal screwed to the top of the receiver. First thing that happened when I mounted a scope was the screw shearing off and the scope stop flying off into the weeds. I got the screw remnant out and replaced the screw, but the jumpy shot cycle made the scope want to walk back in the rings from the forward recoil. I finally gave up on it-you might find a peep sight will work for you, I wish you luck.
I advise shooting with the open sights first to see if it groups well enough to put any effort into the gun, you might get lucky. If it came with a scope, that scope is probably junk, most bundled scopes on the low end rifles are in my experience.

Signing up here made me dig out a Beeman Sportsman rs2 .22 caliber I picked up a while back. Now I know it's not the top of the heap but it was $25 at an estate sale so I don't think I'm hurting. I do remember I function tested it and it worked fine back when I got it. I think I'm going to play with it tomorrow and see if it will group.
How are these rifles in general? It was an impulse buy so I didn't do any research past the avg ebay price when I bought it. I am hoping it might do for some small game hunting but I'm definitely going to upgrade at some point.

You got a good deal!

If it's anything like the Crosman Quest, it will be obnoxious to shoot. If you pack the spring with lithium grease you'll lose about ten-percent of the velocity while making it a whole lot more pleasant to shoot. 900-fps is plenty of power for what you're wanting to do with it.

Luck,

J~