Beeman RX2 price

Anyone know what a Beeman RX2 would sale for? 

Thank you? Hope this post is not against rules? 

1563220450_7194618635d2cd9e23943e7.32657094_82783F1A-AA65-46A1-9300-EA098FC76E28.jpeg

Mod edit: moved to correct forum, Springers, Pumpers, CO2, and Vintage. 

The ram on all the RX models are/were made by Theoben. Power it meant to be around 21-22fpe in .22 and not to be exceeded although those who have the pump have and will continue to over charge the ram and wonder why the seals get torched & or blown.

I know that Theoben invented the gas ram system but are you sure it's a UK made gas ram in a German made airgun ? 

With that energy figure the rated 860 fps must have been with a lighter pellet.

Not sure about the , new beeman rx2 which seems unobtainium ( or any new "beeman" rig) but yes the original had the famous Theoben gas ram. 

As gar as I know there are NO new theoben gas rams around or being made. If they are bringing it back to market it would be interesting to see what is inside.

John

I think you are correct. The Theoben company has been gone for some time. What I read on Wikipedia was the Weihrauch company did use the patented Theoben gas ram system.

I bought an RX2 in .20, used, a few months ago. Golden State Airgunner guessed about $500 and that's pretty close to what I paid for mine and it's in pretty nice condition. 

It is a very nice airgun. FPS spread is in the high single digits so it's slightly more consistent than my only regulated PCP. I've got the ram set for 790-800fps with the JSB 13.73, that seems to be the sweet spot for cocking force/recoil/velocity. 

I bought an RX2 in .20, used, a few months ago. Golden State Airgunner guessed about $500 and that's pretty close to what I paid for mine and it's in pretty nice condition. 

It is a very nice airgun. FPS spread is in the high single digits so it's slightly more consistent than my only regulated PCP. I've got the ram set for 790-800fps with the JSB 13.73, that seems to be the sweet spot for cocking force/recoil/velocity.

That's good power for a 13.73 gr. I use to own a RX1 in .20cal and the Japanese made 11 gr. Beeman Silver Jets would average 910 fps. I loved that gun. 

.........they were $711 for a bit.....i tried to trade a guy for an eliminator - looked great. it was pumped extra back inside that 'gas-spring' and shot .22 premiers at 900 fps - but almost got a hernia cocking it (60+lbs of cocking force) . 5 yrs later i did get a screen patch rt next to my belly-button , which exactly where that beast of an airgun almost guttted me a bit. the crow magnum (or maybe crow mag 2) is the beeman equivalent. i had an rx first, and rx1 with boxing and the pump that adjusts the power of your gun - both in .20. the rx was old , shot 780 with 14.3 gr cardboard box premiers. much easier to cock, but it's a bit heavier or somehow bigger than the r-1 (hw-80) rifles.....and i'd have to be arnold schwerternger to hunt with those... seem to recall the tube and barrel breech areas of the rx guns was like the r-1 rifles... got that old rx for $350 or less.... sold it quickly when i was wanting way more power - and it was too long and heavy, unless i stayed on a bench or rest... i had only dismantled 3-4 piston rifles before this, but i recall i couldnt figure out how to get the trigger guard off and that was keeping the stock on (but i'm glad i didnt ruin it). that other one i was selling for a collector around here - it was nice ! but needed a little internal work, or maybe it was low powered, too (cant recall). think that one got 550 shipped (those pumps for the gas spring were hard for me too locate - but it was a hassle pumping those theoben devices as compared to using a benji handpump. they had laserized rx rifles, too ! i always thought those theoben underlevers were cool but expensive and rare, a theoben (beeman) dual would be REALLY cool, only a few made it here - but 1000 fps in lead ( those duals may have been all .22, and i think it was 150 that made it the u.s). one cock of the under-lever produced 800 fps, then a second cock of the same gave 1000 fps !! i still wonder how all that works inside - like a whiscombe , airgun high-tech super knowledge... - paul. -ps: here's some data i found on the rx rifles :

MODEL RX-2

- .177, .20, .22, or .25 cal., BBC, Theoben GS, SS, 1125/960/810/650 FPS, adj. velocity, laminated beech stock with cheekpiece, forearm extends to forward end of barrel block, hand checkering and white-line PG cap, all metal sights, scope grooves, automatic safety, improved non-adj. trigger, 9.8 lbs. Mfg. in Germany. New 2001.

BeemanRfModelRX2BPA5.jpg

A few things; the pump was only to be used to service the rifle to its factory limits but so many went way above and wondered why it was hard to cock, why seals were scorched and others where seal were blown out in the ram itself. The RX series in factory form should be no where near 60 lbs to cock, the Eliminators are about 50. The Theoben underlevers you mentioned are called Dual Magnums and only came in .22. One stroke was 840fps/24fpe with 14.6gr and the second gave 1040fps/36fpe with the same pellet, they are the most powerful factory made piston guns to this day. The internal function was simply to push the ram further back in the compression tube for more swept volume, there were only about 104 ever produced. The Whiscombe is quite different in that it can only be fired at only one power although more than one stoke is needed and are recoiless dual piston rifles. More Whiscombes were made than Dual Magnums. Here are my 2 Dual Magnums- Beeman marked (top) and Theoben bottom.

1563476785_20480095205d30c3318cafd8.04443697_140 Dual Magnums.JPG