Beeman Beeman Raider

Anyone know about the Beeman Raider? Comes in .25 cal. Looks like it shares the same trigger and cylinder as the Icon. Or maybe just a shrouded commander. Either way .25 will be nice. I wish they’d make the Chief in .25

IMG_1012.png

Ordered the .25- they also have .177- to try out. Should arrive Saturday or Monday. For $200.00 can't go wrong. I have a couple side lever breeches from a BARRA 1100Z that I hope will work. Also have a .22 BARRA barrel that if works I can make it a easy to switch dual caliber. Will update after receiving rifle.

Received BEEMAN RAIDER .25 TODAY. Securely double boxed no damage to rifle or contents. Wood stock looks nice nothing fancy and rifle is very light. Comes with 2 mags 2 single shot trays degas tool and 4 allen wrenches. Mine had about 2500 psi in it so I topped it off to 3500-3600 psi. Untouched out of box shot a 9 shot string over chrony and was an average of 756 fpe. It looks so much like my Crosman Icons only in a wood stock. Uses same style degas tool and mags as the ICON. The side levers I have from a BARRA 1100Z look like a direct fit except there are no screws securing barrel to breech unless they are on bottom. I filled back to 3500-3600 psi and will let sit to tomorrow to see if it holds. Seems like a nice light rifle that should be easy to work on if needed but I will definately tinker. Will update after I make sure hold air. I may purchase the .22 and .177 in the near future if they hold air.

raider3.jpg

raider2.jpg

raider1.jpg

raider.jpg

Still holding air overnite. Thats a good thing. The shroud is a plastic material but it will be changed to carbon fiber. It has a baffle in the end of it to help quiet it down. I still can not get the shroud off after the baffle insert. The baffle insert screws onto the barrel - which has a nice crown - but after that the shroud will not budge. Still trying to see how it will come off short of a dremel. Very nice light rifle if I can get the FPS up a bit.

BAFFLE.jpg

Reactions: xsarfc9x
Still holding air overnite. Thats a good thing. The shroud is a plastic material but it will be changed to carbon fiber. It has a baffle in the end of it to help quiet it down. I still can not get the shroud off after the baffle insert. The baffle insert screws onto the barrel - which has a nice crown - but after that the shroud will not budge. Still trying to see how it will come off short of a dremel. Very nice light rifle if I can get the FPS up a bit.

View attachment 439310
Please keep updating. How is the accuracy?

Finally reassembled the Raider ( See images ). Should have known for the price it had a plastic breech. The barrel was held in by a pin in the bottom of breech that was held in place by the breech once screwed down to the air tube. I have a couple BARRA 1100Z sidelever breeches and barrels and they fit like a glove. Put flats on top of barrel for breech grubs to secure barrel down. While I was changing the breech I opened the transfer ports in breech and barrel a little. Hopefully get a little more power from this thing. I also plan to change the plastic shroud to either carbon fiber or see if the shroud from the Akela will fit. This thing is so much like the ICONS and BARRA 1100Z and alot of parts are interchangeable. I have already installed BARRA breeches on both my ICONS and installed the shrouds from the AKELA and they fit perfect. Have 5 or 6 baffles in the shroud and are alot quieter. If weather permits tomorrow I will get to test accuracy and fps. I also searched and found the .22 for only $125.00 but it is out of stock. I signed up for the waiting list. This thing is so light and easy to shoulder I hope it shoots well.

raider1..jpg

raider2..jpg

raider3..jpg

raider4.jpg

raider5.jpg

So far I have got it to shoot 20 grains at 800 fps. Has a lot of wasted air- think hammer and or spring way to heavy. Have not shot for accuracy but still a work in process. Hoping to tune it for 20 shots at 820 fps or so and then check for accuracy. Has a lot of hammer bounce. The hammer weighs 82 grams and I think I need to trim some off.

Reactions: xsarfc9x
Ordered the .25- they also have .177- to try out. Should arrive Saturday or Monday. For $200.00 can't go wrong. I have a couple side lever breeches from a BARRA 1100Z that I hope will work. Also have a .22 BARRA barrel that if works I can make it a easy to switch dual caliber. Will update after receiving rifle.
Does Barra sale the breeches or did you just take it off one of the 1100z's?