Beeman R9 or HW 50s ???

I've been researching break barrel and under-lever spring guns for quite a while.

I have a question. And yes I've seen the post on "Can you up the power on a HW 50s".

If my main reason for having either of these two springers is squirrel hunting.

Which do you think would serve me best?

Can the 50s in .177 carry enough punch for squirrels and pest birds out to 50 yards? Or do I need the more powerful R9 ?

I really wouldn't want to modify or have to change out parts to make either rifle something it wasn't designed to be from the factory.

Any insight or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ray

P.S. I haven't given up on one day owning a HW97, but right now can't justify the extra expense

So I’ve owned both in multiple calibers, now I only own the R9..(with PCPs of course) I bought the Hw50 for its slightly smaller stature and reduced weight, but also consider it generates substantially less power with the same cocking effort! But Both are lights out accurate. The r9 definitely shoots flatter further out. Remember with springers if you miss judge distance by a mere 2 yards at the far end, you will miss! This is where I give the R9 the nod. The R9 can also be tuned down or tuned up, so it is far more versatile. R9 it is for me. I prefer it in .177 for its trajectory, but I only aim for the head. 

Lol I had a similar debate also with myself. I ended up going with the HW50S .22 tuned by Motorhead at a smooth 12fpe. Then for longer ranges picked up the Sig Sauer ASP20 .22. A powerful gun and very accurate. I had an R9 2-3 years ago but sold it and had similar cocking effort but no where near the same power and smoothness in shooting.