Beeman R9 accuracy

Mine has shot 1/2 inch groups at 58 yards a few times with peep sights. It as extra260 said is bone stock and can out shoot me.
1560291515_7510156695d0028bbf3c577.39746041_02.JPG
1560291527_18488774455d0028c7b3e2a1.76569291_01.JPG

I've owned, tuned, sold several .177 R9s and everyone would shoot 1/2" ctc at 30 yards in "factory twang mode" straight from the box after a bore clean and a few "fouling shots". Here are a couple bench rested groups shot by my brother with a .177 R9 I home tuned and sold to him...........

I occasionally shoot some pretty good groups with my home tuned .177 R9 & .177 HW95 sitting on a bucket resting the guns on cross sticks.........

Years ago I shot these two 50 yard groups sitting on a bucket resting the R9 on cross sticks.........

Here are a few "better than usual for me" groups...........

Here are more normal groups for me, at 50 yards shooting from "bucket and sticks"..........

The next 5 shots on paper after shooting the above.......

165 consecutive shots at one sitting from "bucket and sticks"............

LOL...as you can see from the groups the "main accuracy issue" is the shooter (my self) not the R9 or HW95.

As a side note, I've found that the design and tolerances of my last R9s (and my newer HW95) are improved over those I bought years ago!

. my .20 cal r9 goldfinger with vortek high output pg2 kit was extremely accurate and consistent. dime-size out to almost 40 yards, and shot 799 - 804 fps almost every time. 11.4 grain ftt's were the best in that one. this first video is when i first got it and the chamber lube was making it shoot harder but inconsistently , the second is out of focus but when gun started to settle in. it just kept getting more consistent after that (799-804 fps). .......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hi27j_jXgk ............... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7oTy_ASJDQ ..... - paul.

I wanted to try an experiment with the R9. I got a refurb from Pyramyd and have just been shooting it in out of the box condition with open sights for about 9 months now. The first tin of pellets the stock screws would back out just like everyone talks about. I finally had to add some blue thread lock to the trigger adjustment, it kept backing out to the point the gun was unsafe. I have not so much as cleaned the barrel, just wanted to see what a gun that was untouched could do. My ultimate plan was to shoot it for a bit then do some tuning and possibly add a scope. Now my plan has changed the gun is superb just as it is. It sounds and shoots like an untuned gun, but at the end of the day the rounds on target far outweigh the misses. Typically I use a piece of Titanium tubing about the size of a Red Bull can for a target. At 35 yards it is ridiculously boring to shoot, you really have to mess-up to miss. 50 yards is still not a problem at all and all comes down to my glasses wanting to cooperate with the sights. I live in rural South Dakota so wind is always blowing, thing shoots like a champ. The hardest part of the whole experiment was leaving the thing alone and just shooting it. Such a fun gun to grab and shoot simple as that.