• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman R8 Value

I purchased my R8 about 35 years ago used and I would like to find out the approximate value. It's in good shape but has a few scratches on the bottom from shooting prone. Also has a Nikko variable scope. Probably going to pass it down to my son who learned how to shoot with it. It's always been my favorite gun to go out plinking with. Very smooth. Any feedback would be appreciated 

Thanks. Bob

Bob
IMG_3695.1616873221.JPG
IMG_3682.1616873167.JPG
IMG_3683.1616873167.JPG
IMG_3688.1616873168.JPG

R-8's are not easy to come by. The last one I was able to buy was 2009 gave 300.00 and it was not close to being mint. Great gun but flipped it for 450.00 as it was. R-8 has always been on my short list, but once I got it, handled much like my model 50 (IIRC). Anyway to answer your question, as Odoyle offered. It will go north of 500.00. I would dare bet that on eBay dressed the way it is, would see 700.00 plus for it. You have had it for so long and it is a Beeman classic and it ain't eating nothing but a few pellets. I would keep it and pass it down to your son.

tim

Rarest? There are several Beeman guns that less than 100 or even less than 50-25 were produced. Numerous Beeman models are worth far more without being Tyrolean's. According to my records the few R8's that have come up for sale have ranged from $480-525 That was a little before this unusual price spike over the past year or so of many airguns. 

Reactions: kingfisher61
I'm going to fix the small scratches on the bottom of the stock but I am not sure which is the better product to use. Linseed oil or tongue oil? I have used tongue oil on other projects and really like the results. But from what I have read a lot of people are using linseed oil for gunstocks. I think I had better do a test on something else before touching the R8.

Update on the scratches. I experimented with both linseed oil and Minwax Tongue oil and found really no difference. I used the tongue oil with good results and no residue left behind after it dried.

I did offer the R8 to my son but he declined as he lives in the city and feels it would just be a closet queen so I will be selling it. Being a new member I need to read up about posting a classified add for the R8.

I wanted to thank all that replied to me. This is a very good website with an excellent forum.

Here is the after pic of the scratches.

IMG_3720.1617198292.JPG

Reactions: aaroncr
Thanks. Actually there is no rush to sell. I am going over the R8 with a fine tooth comb and short of refinishing the entire stock it will be in tip top shape. I have no intention of trying to take it apart but it will be oiled up and tomorrow I am going to sight it in at about fifty feet just because it hasn't been shot in about 3 years. I will go through at least 20 rounds just to make sure it will be up to snuff for the next owner.