• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman Beeman R10 Carbine

The R10 came in a deluxe version with a longer barrel and a checkered pistol grip as well as a standard model with a shorter barrel (16.14-inches/410mm) and no checkering. These two are the latter.
Got these rifles at auction. One is San Rafael and the other is a Santa Rosa. I believe the Santa Rosa has been tuned by John Thomas. It has his signature cupped hex head forearm screws. Plus it's not twangy....just a thud when fired.
Note the subtle difference in the shape of the forearms on these two.
These were the some of the best Sport rifles Beeman's produced IMO. Lightweight and powerful and not hard to cock, they also have the threaded end cap. Easy maintenance! The big drawback is the screwed on scope rail. I'm definitely not a fan if that! Beeman's attempt to make it lighter came at a price there. The compression tube was too thin to accommodate a dovetail. Compromise!!!
Regardless, these two rifles still look and function well after decades of life. Doc Beeman marketed his line as heirlooms. Here's two that passed the test of time.

20240518_160155.jpg

20240518_160208.jpg

20240518_160118.jpg

The R10 came in a deluxe version with a longer barrel and a checkered pistol grip as well as a standard model with a shorter barrel (16.14-inches/410mm) and no checkering. These two are the latter.
Got these rifles at auction. One is San Rafael and the other is a Santa Rosa. I believe the Santa Rosa has been tuned by John Thomas. It has his signature cupped hex head forearm screws. Plus it's not twangy....just a thud when fired.
These were the some of the best Sport rifles Beeman's produced IMO. Lightweight and powerful and not hard to cock, they also have the threaded end cap. Easy maintenance! The big drawback is the screwed on scope rail. I'm definitely not a fan if that! Beeman's attempt to make it lighter came at a price there. The compression tube was too thin to accommodate a dovetail. Compromise!!!
Regardless, these two rifles still look and function well after decades of life. Doc Beeman marketed his line as heirlooms. Here's two that passed the test of time.

View attachment 465947

View attachment 465948

View attachment 465949.
That angular abatement of the forearm is gorgeous. Really nice R10's. Reminds me that I need to appreciate what I have more. Nice post.

Reactions: kingfisher61

View attachment 465947

View attachment 465948

View attachment 465949
Agree, these are great guns, I have had mine since early 90’s. Mine has a Maccari “black tarantula” kit and seal. No twang or vibration. Not even my RX1 shot cycle is as smooth. Incredible gun.

IMG_0324.jpeg

Reactions: mj102
Agree, these are great guns, I have had mine since early 90’s. Mine has a Maccari “black tarantula” kit and seal. No twang or vibration. Not even my RX1 shot cycle is as smooth. Incredible gun.

View attachment 465981
I much prefer that stock over 1 with chequering. Another really nice R10!

View attachment 465981
I have the same rifle in .20 with the same scope. The R10 is a handy rifle

View attachment 465947

View attachment 465948

View attachment 465949
The Deluxe was available with a carbine barrel. And the scope rail is a carry over from BSF

View attachment 465981
Beautiful and with a period correct Beeman Blue Label
Weren’t they called SS1 or something?

I used to work with a guy(in 2012)that had the Deluxe R10 in 20cal
I was so impressed with beauty of stock and blue finish
He tried to de-cock and let a little slack destroy cocking shoe,and piston liner
Shoe easy find but the liner wasn’t available without piston
I made one and put a Hornet kit,new HW piston and breech seal
His safety had rusted solid as well
Very nice gun and unlike my 20 cal Marksman M72 had nice snug bore
Only downside was as you said scope rail

View attachment 465947

View attachment 465948

View attachment 465949
Howdy, I remember selling a deluxe R10 in .20 to you about a hundred years ago. Do you recall?
Ed