Beeman R1 questions

I picked this up at a local gun show back in October. Don’t know much about them. Thought they had gold triggers. This is a .22 cal. Any information would be appreciated. It also came with an Anshutz sight. Just doing some testing at this point and it seems to shoot pretty consistant so far. Haven‘t used the crony yet. Looks like the breach seal is a little flattened. So far it likes the Gamo Redfire pellets best at 20 yards and, JSB 18.13 allmost as well. Again I know nothing about the history of it.
CB7B0629-C945-4178-8862-AEC46A36D31D.jpeg
50F95611-496B-4D30-9798-E61D1734941F.jpeg
D234E8D0-24FD-46F5-BCD0-5722837CD6F5.jpeg
41EF8CE2-52D1-49D3-A698-CDC1D3257A38.jpeg
F1AF625B-4CBC-47F3-B641-8F97A3109E94.jpeg

Nice rifle. IMO 22 is a great caliber for that rifle. It has some nice accessories too. Rear sight blanking plate, brass stock screw cups and the Beeman brand honey dipper muzzle handle. Even if you had to rebuild the guts you got an unbelievable deal on that rifle alone. Not to mention the sight that's worth what you paid for everything.

Congratulations on a nice find.

Reactions: nitrowoodtic
Nice rifle. IMO 22 is a great caliber for that rifle. It has some nice accessories too. Rear sight blanking plate, brass stock screw cups and the Beeman brand honey dipper muzzle handle. Even if you had to rebuild the guts you got an unbelievable deal on that rifle alone. Not to mention the sight that's worth what you paid for everything.

Congratulations on a nice find.
Rifle seems to shoot well so far but thinking I’d like to replace the piston and breach seals. Throw on a sling and use it for the occasional Red Squirrel or grouse hunt. Was shooting it for the first time on Thanksgiving, doing some pellet testing at 20 yards when these guys showed up at around 40 yards.
138ADB16-ECDC-4D4E-A858-514FB0F56713.jpeg

Breech seals can get pretty old and ugly but seldom actually go bad on those guns. Best way to tell the health of the piston seal is to chronograph it. Keep in mind that attaching a sling to the gun usually requires permanent changes that may affect resale value.
It already has a hole in the butt for a screw. It has a few other scratches and dings, but nothing to severe. I definitely don’t want to damage it but I do want to take it into field. Was thinking about a sling with the looped strap for the barrel end Thanks for the other information. What kind of deviation would be indicative of a bad piston seal?

Thank you for that bit of information. Thinking i might trade it for some scope rings or something that I need because I dont want it. I plan on hunting occasionally and some plinking with this gun.
I would be very interested in the peep sight , been looking for one for about a year used

Reactions: nitrowoodtic
These are the Original Beeman pieces you want to install on that Gowdy stock to attach a sling, if you do not want to decrease its’ valueView attachment 308678
Very interesting. I like it but I only have one hole in the stock and dont want to drill another. I’m not even sure if the hole is good or stripped out. Thanks for showing me this. Great information.

Very interesting. I like it but I only have one hole in the stock and dont want to drill another. I’m not even sure if the hole is good or stripped out. Thanks for showing me this. Great information.
Actually on the R1 you would want a barrel band front mount for the sling swivel, not the screw eye I showed.

Reactions: razor62