• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman QB78

Yes. They were made in Shanghai China. I think it was in '91. They're a refined copy of the Crosman 160.

Tim McMurray of Mac-1 Airguns did the refinement and had them manufactured there. He had to go over and work with them on QC because they wanted to make and sell crappy guns, but he wasn't having it. A year or two after, the Chinese screwed him and began selling them through other distributors. That's where the forty-buck gunshow specials came in. They were not up to standard. Later on, Beeman bought into the QB name and began importing them under their label. They're still not up to Tim's standards, but they're fixable.

I've known Tim for a long time. I used to hang out on Saturdays in his shop. I learned a lot that way. Here's a pic of the butt-plate on the QB-77 Deluxe I have. It's one of the first made. #46. The barrel is thinner and the stock is smaller than the recent run Beeman models. It's also a bit lighter. It shoots into .15 inches at 10 meters with Crosman Premier heavies.

Ride on,
IMG_4719.1640016042.JPG

J~