Beeman P17

The Beeman P17 My experience are what most people say, this is a really nice pistol. For under $40 there are probably no better air pistols in this category, single-shot, single-pump pneumatics. The pistol is precise and has a nice trigger. The grip comfortable in the hand. A bit of effort is required to pump it, once you figure it out it becomes fairly easy and natural. Loading pellets is also a bit tricky at first but soon becomes second nature Build quality seems ok, with no obvious flaws on my gun. The gun is mostly plastic, but it's very good quality polymer. I suggest a tear down debur and reseal from the get go. One of my favorite go to plinking guns., https://youtu.be/hJ_WwjDatU8

I agree.

About 5 years ago I was visiting motorhead and he asked me to try the trigger on his P17.

Wow.

He said his son gave it to him, I think.

He did not mention the cost.

A few months ago duckfish asked me to break in his recently rebuilt FWB65.

I put 1000 7.9CPL pellets through it and showed him how to cock the pistol.

He gave me a P17 (he bought the original Weihrauch model for himself) as payment.

Everything you say is true...

Fun little gun and more accurate then it should be.

I put a in-expensive red-dot on it to fool around with but it will end up in the tool-box under the back seat of the Silverado.

6BB329F0-D5CD-4614-9E21-2184D2FE3C95.1618487918.jpeg

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
I was just shooting mine this morning. I've had mine 3 or 4 years now. It is still accurate and has enough power the kill a Grackle (Or so I've read.)

The day after I got mine I killed a pigeon w/ it. They definitely have close range pest control potential. My P-17 now has a Feyachi 2 MOA red dot sight and I use it as my tacklebox pistol for snakes while fishing.

Hmm, I musta got the one in a million, with a crap trigger.

Hard, LONG creepy pull to the final release.

I took it apart, to see what the big deal is. Pretty bad stamped parts with sharp, rough edges...so...

I polished all surfaces that slide on another part, removed all of the, as stamped sharp edges, shortened the sear let-off length, polished both edges of the sliding parts of the sear. lightened the trigger return spring. That's all I recall doing. Now...it's "almost" acceptable. Was gonna go back in and shorten the sear overlap again, but decided it ain't worth the effort ! It's useable now as is. Don't use it much, more of a dust collector, and a holder for one of my cheapest red dot sights.

Mike