Beeman P17

I’m sure many here knew this, but I didn’t. I bought a P17 from a forum member. Great experience and great guy. This inexpensive gun has turned out to be a blast here in the northeast during the winter. What a great garage/basement gun. Not loud, very accurate and just a blast to shoot indoors in the winter when the weather isn’t cooperating. Great way to feed our addiction when the weather doesn’t let us play outside. 

I musta got a lemon. I just received it about a week ago. Makes hitting a good target a bit of a chore. Also shooting at about 10m.

The trigger on mine is horrible. A LONG creep from the wall to let-off. First stage is fine.

Gotta dig into it to see what I can do to smooth it and or shorten the pull from the wall to the let-off.

Mike

Yes you must of got a lemon. Mine has a great trigger on it. I couldn’t believe it was so light of a trigger for the price that the gun cost.If you just bought it, why don’t you just send it back for another one. I’m sure you have heard that most people Say how accurate and good the trigger is.

I bought 2 for my grand boys and 1 for myself. The boys guns shot well from the box with no sight adjustments. I waited ,and later I spent some "time" with my new toy. 

I slugged the barrel and found the bore to be .174.

The breech was rough , barrel smooth and crown end had a bur. ( just what one might expect )

I polished the breech, the leade and the crown.

Chrony....at 5'....H&N Baracuda FT....head .1735....9.57 gr.....410 fps....3.5 fpe 

The pellet was a good fit.

I shot twice at 5 yards on paper.

Adjusted sight and shot 3 at 10 yards.

I have a range in my basement. There is a 10" x 3/16" A36 steel gong at 13 yards. I put a 3/8" black mark on the lower right.

Shot 3 times , outside right, a string.

Made adjustment to sight and shot 3 more times. 

I like the trigger.

steel target1.1609789610.jpg

steel target2.1609789678.jpg

Beeman 17-2.1609789738.jpg

Echoing the love. I once received a lemon, maybe my 2nd p -17 puchase.quit cocking after about 50 pellets. 

Pyramid told me to throw it out and sent me another. I bore paste the barrel, remove the auto safety, color the front sight for nite shooting rats. I cock two of them, put a third in my wasteband for a new York reload and head into the barn w my headlamp on. Haven't hit 3 for 3 but I've doubled a few times- 3 quick shots, 2 dead rats and 1 big s-eating grin.

I'm over 60 years old and as my wife keeps asking- am I ever going to grow up? I'll be Peter Panning it as long as the wheels roll, and if one day I need a wheel chair, I'm gonna have a scabbard on it. The P17 is the perfect gun for play- i buy most new shooters one to practice with and they all dig the ease and accuracy.