• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman P17

Keep an eye on Amazon. A little over 3 years ago they had the P17 for $7.50 each.

I ended up ordering 24 of them in batches of 4 (the most you could purchase in one order).

Gave most away as gifts, but I still have a few left and they are great shooters and not pellet picky out to about 10 meters.
Holy cow!

Reactions: .20calguy
Just to be clear...

I have no problem loading the P17, except with oversized Piranha pellets that simply don't fit, and I don't have a problem with getting pinched when pumping.

What I was referring to was the comments I have read and comments from those whom I have gifted this gun.

On another note regarding red dot sights... I am looking into buying one, but the size of the "dot" seems to be pretty large on the cheap ones.

5-4-3 MOA sized dots seem large to me, but then again I have never used a red dot sight and the 1 MOA dot size raises the price considerably.

Discuss... (chuckle)
I had shopped and purchased a dot with a small MOA compared to others in the same class, but I killed it putting the battery in backwards. When I repaced it, with el-cheap-os I clean forgot about MOA, but they turned out fine.
First of all the intensity setting dictates the dot size somewhat, and secondly the dot size doesn't matter as much as you would think, when you use it like the front sight on your favorite lever action. In other words you don't center the dot, you set it to hit on the top of the dot.
I hope that helps somebody.
Just try one out. They're only slightly more expesive than a tin of pellets these days.

Here is the price history of the P17 on Amazon...

amazon.png

Camelcamelcamel.com is not as good as it once was, but still a good tool to track pricing on Amazon.

My P 17 or one of my P 17 has killed more rattle snakes than I can count, I was in the back yard today and put a empty 1 gallon water jug on a shelf the wind caught it and it must of fell on the rattler as I bent down to pick it up he struck at my hand, Third one I killed this spring , I know there s more.
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG

My P 17 or one of my P 17 has killed more rattle snakes than I can count, I was in the back yard today and put a empty 1 gallon water jug on a shelf the wind caught it and it must of fell on the rattler as I bent down to pick it up he struck at my hand, Third one I killed this spring , I know there s more. View attachment 353228View attachment 353228
Wow.
Be careful!
At least rattle snakes give you a warning.

I'd be curious to see how the P-17 trigger compares to the P-3. I've owned a P-3 for over 15 years and it has the best trigger that I've ever used, and that includes PB's.
I have 2 P3 and 3 P17. The P3s wear Beeman scopes and are used for my indoor precision work. Both out shoot me. The P17s triggers are close but not quite up to the P3. Kind of like kissing your wife goodbye in the morning or on your anniversary with a bit more passion and purpose. The P17s shoot about 8.5/10 were the P3 shoots 10/10. Mine are in .177.
I always wanted to get a .22 barrel for one but never have. They'd be fun with the lighter green alloy pellets.
20230504_163127.jpg

Last edited:
I got a P11 with a hair trigger I really like , It catches me off guard sometimes when I been shooting the P17 or my 1322. On my Zoraki ultra I took the safety off I shot the think a few times pulling the safety off with one finger,
Some dumb butt Rattle snake had baby's in my yard I killed a few that are a foot long and a few that are two foot long and the yearlyings do not rattle there is no warning at all , They do not rattle until the 2nd or 3ed year when the rattles get hard.
Mike

I have 2 P3 and 3 P17. The P3s wear Beeman scopes and are used for my indoor precision work. Both out shoot me. The P17s triggers are close but not quite up to the P3. Kind of like kissing your wife goodbye in the morning or on your anniversary with a bit more passion and purpose. The P17s shoot about 8.5/10 were the P3 shoots 10/10. Mine are in .177.
I always wanted to get a .22 barrel for one but never have. They'd be fun with the lighter green alloy pellets.View attachment 353662
This is with JSB RS 7.33 gr

Screenshot_20230504_172418_FX Radar.jpg

I always wanted to get a .22 barrel for one but never have. They'd be fun with the lighter green alloy pellets.View attachment 353662
Thanks for your input (y). I see you have the same front sight as I do. Most of the P-3 I've seen have fiber optic. Pumping must be a challenge with that scope on. If you give the P-17 8.5 that's impressive considering the price. Again thanks for your input..

Keep an eye on Amazon. A little over 3 years ago they had the P17 for $7.50 each.

I ended up ordering 24 of them in batches of 4 (the most you could purchase in one order).

Gave most away as gifts, but I still have a few left and they are great shooters and not pellet picky out to about 10 meters.
They're $61 on there right now, which is insane. I have no clue where I bought mine. I know I've only had it for a couple or 3 months, and thought I had bought it on Amazon. But it's not showing up in my order history, so I guess I got it somewhere else. Anyway I'm pretty sure it was under $30 including shipping.