• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman P1(HW45) Breech Seal Popping Out at Bottom After Every Shot

CSA

Jan 17, 2019
MI
I added this to my other post (P1 pellet reccomendations), but thought it deserved its own subject line. Note: My P1 has only abbot 300 pellets put through it, so it's essentially brand new. 

I have a newly discovered issue with my Beeman P1. I replaced the breach seal because the native one had a chunk taken out of it (pellet not flush?). Now I’m noticing that with every shot, the bottom of the seal pops out of the recess it’s in. To see if the new seal was to blame, I put the old seal back in (bad side to the back) and the same thing happened. So that said, I assume this was happening all along, but I didn’t notice it. I read another post on another site that the same thing was happening. His fix was to extreme, at least IMHO, and I don't know the long term results. 

Any thoughts on this. It happens after every shot. But … after I release the barrel/shroud, and push it back down (without cocking) it pushes the seal back in. I've contacted Pyramid about this to get their suggestions, as it was purchased about a month ago. Perplexing for sure, as the same thing happened on a Webley Nemesis (single stroke pnumatic) that I once owned.

1547824928_5957567465c41ef2070d4e4.34152535_fullsizeoutput_16e5.jpeg

Check your other post about which pellets to use. I listed some things for you to check. If it is under warranty I'd send it back in a second. I have not worked on mine, but if there was a problem, I'd send it in to someone who knows how to work on it. My HW45 is about 2 1/2 years old and working great. It shoots JSB 8.4's at 505 fps and is very accurate. Good Luck!