Beeman Beeman Kodiak .25

Added another Webley to the collection at a very cheap price, a Beeman Kodiak (Webley Patriot) in .25 in nice condition. When I bought this rifle I assumed it would be a harsh shooting novelty gun, but I was pleasantly surprised! The thing shoots like a gas ram with a dull thud even though it has a spring and is not so tough to cock despite the reputation as a tough one to cock. It may have been tuned or at least lubed correctly. It's shooting 25.39gr JSB Kings at just over 26ftlb. I was smacking cans at 35yrds with open sights as easy as most of my other springers. Really happy with this classic!

IMG_20240424_173239~2.jpg

Wow you stole that thing. If you like the .25 keep an eye on the Hatsan website for a refurb 135 in .30 cal. Its a dumb as it sounds but its as really fun gun for popping cans with. I think I paid $190 for it with a coupon they had and aside from the fact that it costs 15 cents to pull the trigger, I have no regrets.

20240325_093856.jpg

I'd buy a UK Webley Patriot .25 cal (Beeman Kodiak across the pond) in a flash - they are beatiful, iconic guns that were originally designed for the quarterbore, and work splendidly in it. Frustratingly, the Brits have 'em by the cartwheel load, and almost no-one wants 'em there, but buying even a spring gun from the UK is close to impossible, or at least impossibly expensive: most gun traders simply say no, while the rest say: "Sure, for 500 GBP S&H".

Welcome to Kodiak Island where the big bears live. I've got two 25s. One gas ram , one spring and a matching set in .22. Love em!!
You are correct in all you said. These rifles have definitely got a bad rep for no good reason. IMO, they are great rifles. The bluing is exceptional and the craftsmanship outstanding.
Best of luck with yours.
Where did you find it???

20240209_205553.jpg

I get It every few weeks. .. 😆
I had shot nothing except for my ASP20s, 135, and Crow Magnum for the last month or so. I decided to breakout my .22 Theoben Evolution last night and the first shot just went doot and then barely even a wiggle. My heart sank because I thought the ram must have leaked down. Nope, just forgot pleasant guns existed for a moment.

I had shot nothing except for my ASP20s, 135, and Crow Magnum for the last month or so. I decided to breakout my .22 Theoben Evolution last night and the first shot just went doot and then barely even a wiggle. My heart sank because I thought the ram must have leaked down. Nope, just forgot pleasant guns existed for a moment.
After shooting big hitters.. you forget and accept what’s in your hands..
I pick up my little guns and almost bend the barrel cocking jamming the trigger to its stop.

Added another Webley to the collection at a very cheap price, a Beeman Kodiak (Webley Patriot) in .25 in nice condition. When I bought this rifle I assumed it would be a harsh shooting novelty gun, but I was pleasantly surprised! The thing shoots like a gas ram with a dull thud even though it has a spring and is not so tough to cock despite the reputation as a tough one to cock. It may have been tuned or at least lubed correctly. It's shooting 25.39gr JSB Kings at just over 26ftlb. I was smacking cans at 35yrds with open sights as easy as most of my other springers. Really happy with this classic!

View attachment 458854
Very nice classic rifle

Reactions: Bandito
Yeah you read the brit airgun forums and the Patriot/Kodiak get bashed as terrible guns, and like Toxylon said, nobody wants them, kind of a mystery to me now I have one in hands, as they are just superb guns. I was lucky enough to stumble on this one Sunday night browsing a retailers used guns ist. Only flaw is a little staining on the butt of the stock as if it got wet. Will definitely keep my eye out for when Hatsan has some refurb .30 135s as Sqwirl57 suggested as I now see the appeal of the bigger bore!

This is my first .25 and I can see the appeal for just blasting stuff like cans. Really gets the cans jumping and tearing open with the impact. Just bonus having it be a nice Birmingham Webley with the great bluing and build quality, and all for $140!
Nice score. I am jelous as I have not aquired an Kodiak yet.

They can be good hunting guns AFTER you get used to the trigger and tuned up.
Don’t pick up one after shooting a rekord trigger. Big power is there ,well over 30 ft lbs but you better know the gun as it will self destruct and bust your jaw and shoulder shooting it if it’s not done right. Gas rams can give decent results if piston is lightened. Factory seals are JUNK.
Done right they are decent bigger game hunting guns. No fixing the trigger it’s a two sear design that loads the more spring power you add. There are works around it but it’s not easy and not for the un knowledged.
21097ADB-A5EC-4C76-9492-63B94B1F9D61.jpeg

35 ft,lbs ..tons of work internally ,custom piston I made as well as new rear steel block to take the load ..LW BARREL A, shrouded , custom trigger with bearing rollers. Re blued and left over pallet wood stock. 😆 it’s just been through for yearly tune up last week…

You got a super good deal on that Ed. I sold my .25 about 3 months ago with the Beman scope on it. And received a heck of alot more than $140 let's just say close to 8 times as much with the scope i had on it. It was a gun I very seldom shot, as I'm kinda ruff with my guns and it was just to pretty to mess up.

Screenshot_20230521_194518_MeWe~3.jpg

Last edited:
Mine kicks like a mule!!! But it hits as hard as a overhand right from Mike tyson! The fit and finish of these rifles is absolutely gorgeous! I like it so much I had to have the mine version of it.... the "bearcub" and while it's also a great rifle, the attention to detail is nowhere near as good as the kodiak/patriot.

Welcome to Kodiak Island where the big bears live. I've got two 25s. One gas ram , one spring and a matching set in .22. Love em!!
You are correct in all you said. These rifles have definitely got a bad rep for no good reason. IMO, they are great rifles. The bluing is exceptional and the craftsmanship outstanding.
Best of luck with yours.
Where did you find it??View attachment 458913
Having both calibers.....what do you prefer? .25? Or .22? I have one in .25 that I think is great, but always wondered how good the rifle I'd in .22, if it is slinging jsb 18's at 850-900fps I think that is a winner!