HW/Weihrauch Beeman HW77 Long MK1

Got this a few weeks ago and posted a few pics. Kim bought me the FWB 124 as a birthday present. Two days later a member here who knew I was looking for a MK1 HW77 let me know there was one on the giant auction site. There were actually two. One I considered offering the guy $25 and a ham sammich for if he paid shipping. This one became my bday present to myself. Very early version. Number 839, made in 1983 according to HW database. 25 mm piston of course. Doesn’t have the nut to hold the trigger block to receiver they switched to later, long front stock screw does that instead. Beautiful condition cosmetically. Haven’t shot it much or talked about it because in the first 5 shots it started dieseling heavily. Wiped what I could, kept getting worse, shelved it till I had time. Took it apart yesterday and stripped all the lube, re-lubed with ARH moly and a little ARH clear tar on sliding compression tube. Already had brand new Vortek piston seal. Much better, feels like it should now. Putting out about 10.5 FPE at present. Needs a new breech seal and I didn’t have one handy, assuming it will go to 12’ish when replaced. These old 77’s are timeless IMO. One of the guns that will be in my estate sale.

20230929_112529~2_resized.jpeg

Thanks, fellas. Yeah, getting the FWB 124 and this within 48 hours was one heckuva bday gift. Actually got to really shoot them together today for the first time. Put a smile on my face for sure.
Oof that would have killed me. My brain would have gone hay wire trying to figure out which one to keep shooting. They're both very impressive guns in their own rights

Pretty nice. Mine's a Hull Cartridge Mk1K
My 124 gets a new scope soon.
Haven't had time for them lately.
About all I’ve done airgun related is make a few replacement Rowan trigger adjustment screws to replace a badly damaged one(the middle one in my hand). I don’t use Rowan triggers, my hands are so large. And buy a scope or two. And another gun.
Too busy mostly all summer and so far this fall. Didn’t even get a fishing license!
EDIT: Oh yeah, I did get another Crosman 150 too, didn't I?

D5F5E607-399B-445C-BD0A-E00DF87D0B93.jpeg73E677DC-CB54-4BF9-9691-8AEE1B370D89.jpeg
9220BE24-F8B7-4631-A26F-9D05E66322E4.jpegC4CD15E6-E370-4DFB-98A1-9EC266A6172E.jpeg894C5D11-608A-45F3-A612-71269B3D837C.jpeg

Last edited:
Got this a few weeks ago and posted a few pics. Kim bought me the FWB 124 as a birthday present. Two days later a member here who knew I was looking for a MK1 HW77 let me know there was one on the giant auction site. There were actually two. One I considered offering the guy $25 and a ham sammich for if he paid shipping. This one became my bday present to myself. Very early version. Number 839, made in 1983 according to HW database. 25 mm piston of course. Doesn’t have the nut to hold the trigger block to receiver they switched to later, long front stock screw does that instead. Beautiful condition cosmetically. Haven’t shot it much or talked about it because in the first 5 shots it started dieseling heavily. Wiped what I could, kept getting worse, shelved it till I had time. Took it apart yesterday and stripped all the lube, re-lubed with ARH moly and a little ARH clear tar on sliding compression tube. Already had brand new Vortek piston seal. Much better, feels like it should now. Putting out about 10.5 FPE at present. Needs a new breech seal and I didn’t have one handy, assuming it will go to 12’ish when replaced. These old 77’s are timeless IMO. One of the guns that will be in my estate sale.

View attachment 397140
I finally got a 77 long also , wonderful find for you .

No doubt, thy're great ones. But still the recent versions have beautiful stocks, to me the most beautiful of them all.
A sentiment not shared by many, including myself. Across the board for me, the current stocks on HW lineup are uglier than what came before. I guess I’m just old and not the demographic they’re shooting for.

Don't know about that. But strange so then for it meets the whishes of professional or addicted shooters for an elaborated stock design very much, doesn't it? And ambidextrous. This was the one I was about to purchase. And this is the only one I'd have short barreled.
By the way, what are the recent stroke lengths? is it still the 82 mm from the first versions? What does MK1 mean?

HW-77-K-Zfr..jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bustachip
..."Mk" or "Mark" is Brit speak for "version", there being three, the gun above being current version of "Mk 3".
Citamu's new acquisition is Mk1, the earliest, with non removable blade front sight, 25mm piston, no ABT, simplified cocking lever retainer ball...some of us folks like it best!
The British were heavy into tuning these guns and even came out with an improved model, the TX200...

Last edited: