• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Beeman HW77 Long MK1

I agree to much of the above. Me always preferring the old stuff to the new. And using to reject any innovation by sheer reflex. They went too tar for instance those laminated, stratified stocks in blue and yellow or so. And ambidextrous is a bit of genderspam ok. Still, from the very biginning I liked the new stocks very much and disliked the older ones as well as the HW80 stocks. Always disliked those unsymmetric right cheek stocks, too.
For instance the recent HW35 stocks are ambidextrous. Don't know what they had in their minds. The back part is beautiful but the forearm is extremly ugly that molten aesthetics like the Gamo Hunter displays. They couldn't decide for a proper style.
About quality control at Weihrauch: None of them came in a usable state. Two specimen hat missing chunks in the piston seal, the compression was packed with grease, a replace barrel doesn't fit into the gap for it is too slim....really poor.
And your brittle cocking shoe was maybe no steel but cast zamak (the same poor stuff they make the open sights and the 85 buttpart from), who knows.
I think those issues you won't find in an AA TX200

Anyway, a good airgun is supposed to last more than a lifetime. No sound commercial basis. And shooting is beeing restrained more and more. So they have do do something if they don't want do disappear. And when the guns have been perfect or near perfection for decades....the dilemma is plain to see.
I'd prefer to sell wine instead
Ambi is for all us lefties. Nothing worse than being left handed and shooting something set up for a right hander.

Speaking of HW quality, the difference between my 2007 beeman 97K and my 2016 krales HW77K is pretty obvious at first glance. The 2007 beeman 97K is much more refined in machining and blueing, with a beeman logo on the left side of the end block, and Huntington Beach marking on the right side. The stock is pretty nice and has no markings on it. The 2016 krale HW77K has duller blueing and the machining and fit up is not as refined. They both came twangy from the factory as most HW’s do,
and over greased. My opinion and what I do is shoot about 50 pellets over the chrony and observe the shot cycle, and if dieseling, smoking
etc. Then I disassemble the rifle and clean out all the factory grease, then make new tighter fitting spring guide and top hat. Deburr and polish anything that’s needed and reassemble with krytox very lightly. IMO now the HW is ready to shoot and there’s no more twang and just feels better. On the flip side many people just unbox them and shoot as is (twang) and all, and eventually burn all the grease from the compression chamber..lol. And that’s fine if you don’t want more. I myself like to make the rifle as good as I can, and eliminate any factory assemble errors and check everything out.

Reactions: Maker's Marksman
That's exactly what I do, too. Neither Diana nor HW springers come in an usable (to me) state. Twangy and not spring powered but firearms (which you notice not at 5.5 but at 16 fps.) Sometimes the piston seal is defective.
The result then is quite a new shooting cycle which has nothing do do with the delivery state. I wonder if Weihrauch know or care.

Reactions: bustachip
That's exactly what I do, too. Neither Diana nor HW springers come in an usable (to me) state. Twangy and not spring powered but firearms (which you notice not at 5.5 but at 16 fps.) Sometimes the piston seal is defective.
The result then is quite a new shooting cycle which has nothing do do with the delivery state. I wonder if Weihrauch know or care.
I’m sure they know, they probably build them like that on purpose for fast and easy assembly. Germans are strict on details so they know what’s going on.