• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Beeman HW77 Long MK1

I've never seen a TX200, but everybody says it's a wonderful airgun. Here's two Brit tuned guns, an "Airmasters Mastersport"-HW77 and a Venom tuned HW97 with "Hunter" T stock, actually a CS stock made for the folks at Venom...crummy photo, sorry.

L1009863.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes that was my thought the 77 as prototypes for the TX200 Mk2 till Mk4.
The tx 200 is an air arms gun not weihrauch. It is mark 1 2 3. This is my mark 3. Great guns better than the HW97 which it was compteting with. Without doubt the much better build. However with a bit of a fettle I still prefer the hw 77 and 97.
64FB0195-DCEA-43C4-9799-5C135A2E01C7.jpeg

Incase anyone is interested in the Mk1 for the 25mm shot cycle. Any 26mm HW77 or 97 can be converted to 25mm by changing the piston, sliding compression tube and possibly the main spring to 25mm ones.

The main body is the same making the stocks interchangeable as well. A MK1 stock might require a little inletting for the bear trap.

So if you have or know someone with a rusted and beat up MK1 you can recycle the parts in stellar fashion. Obviously expect a reduction of power from the piston conversion.

This has been a public service announcement.

yes thanks I know. But nevertheless sort of a prototype for the AA TX200. So the latest are Mk3 not Mk4? , ok? Prototype for the complete gun as for the trigger.
The 77 are more beautiful and have not the annoying beartrap. The latest ones are longer stroked than the 77 I guess.
The HW77 and 97 have had anti beartrap for a long time. And you’re the only person I’ve ever seen post they think the current 77 or 97 stocks are better looking than the TX200. Color, finish, checkering, lines, all better on TX200 IMO. In fact, so much so that HW made a really poor attempt at copying the fish scales on the latest 97 stock! The current 77 stock is certainly functional. Unless you want to shoot irons or diopter.

Oh I didn't know that. they're having that beartrap too. For not necessary so for underlever or breakbarrel. Didn't see any though on the pics. This is one of the features that turns me off underlever springers.
I'm surely not the only one. Weihrauch must have redesigned them for some reasen. But I wouldn't care neither if I was the only one.
Must admit my aesthetic perception cannot properly be told apart from the impression of apparent functionality, specially at tools or anything else for practical use. While rubbish trash and needless brilliance might turn it off. Sticking diamonds all around a Rolex Oister doesn't make it any beautiful, just expensive.
That's exactly why I have the 85 instead. It's easier and more comfortable at use. One Diana 52 side lever tought me to better stand back (tough the recent 77 are much more beautiful than the clumsy 52 models)

Last edited:
yes thanks I know. But nevertheless sort of a prototype for the AA TX200. So the latest are Mk3 not Mk4? , ok? Prototype for the complete gun as for the trigger.
The 77 are more beautiful and have not the annoying beartrap. The latest ones are longer stroked than the 77 I guess.
My AAtx200 is short stroked by the Latch Rod method and much better for it.

I read about. That the newer TX200 are longer stroked and no good unless sprung for full power. And that the Mk1 versions do better at 12 ftlbs.
The same applies to the Diana 52. When you want to shoot it at 12 or 5.5 ftlbs you'll have to short stroke them. I'd prefer a smaller gun then.
At this regard the HW 77 do better anyway for they are less powered by nature.

HW77/97 don’t have a conventional anti-bear trap. More of a trigger disconnect. Many people remove it. The MK1 didn’t have it. Not sure when they added it, maybe when they switched to 26mm piston during MK2 run. Some reports of very early MK1 HW77 like mine having the cocking shoe/foot break because they were brittle. Don’t know if they were over hardened or what. That’s bad if there’s nothing else holding it back. I have a new cocking lever coming just to be safe.

Reactions: Maker's Marksman
Thought about this earlier today. I think HW, much like MLB, has decided they need to change things up for the worse to attract new blood. Let’s face it, most of us springer folks aren’t spring chickens. And those youngsters like guns that are tacticool, or look like tarantulas instead of classic rifles, and they want mad POWER! Explains all this angular, ambidextrous (AG version of gender-fluid I guess?) stock design, checkering that gets nicknamed “the condom”, etc. Also explains why HW are consistently coming heavily lubed. More power, baby! I expect to see ether vials enclosed shortly. They need a younger demographic, and that ain’t most of us! The last current HW I purchased was the 97K long barrel from Lewis last December. The current offerings just don’t appeal to me aesthetically. They don’t seem to be able to keep them in stock so their Marketing dept must be onto something. Me, I’ll keep haunting the Classifieds and looking for classics. Preferably in walnut :)

Thought about this earlier today. I think HW, much like MLB, has decided they need to change things up for the worse to attract new blood. Let’s face it, most of us springer folks aren’t spring chickens. And those youngsters like guns that are tacticool, or look like tarantulas instead of classic rifles, and they want mad POWER! Explains all this angular, ambidextrous (AG version of gender-fluid I guess?) stock design, checkering that gets nicknamed “the condom”, etc. Also explains why HW are consistently coming heavily lubed. More power, baby! I expect to see ether vials enclosed shortly. They need a younger demographic, and that ain’t most of us! The last current HW I purchased was the 97K long barrel from Lewis last December. The current offerings just don’t appeal to me aesthetically. They don’t seem to be able to keep them in stock so their Marketing dept must be onto something. Me, I’ll keep haunting the Classifieds and looking for classics. Preferably in walnut :)
I do think Weihrauch is styling guns for a younger market. I don't think the the guns are coming over lubed for power. Since 2018-19 Weihrauch quality has dipped. Considerably again since covid. I think 4 out of the the last 5 guns sent to me had machining and assembly defects. One of them was fatal and the gun had to be exchanged.

Over lubed guns are a symptom of poor assembly and quality control. Many if not most of these over lubed guns will burn through piston seals and break springs.

Don't get me wrong, I still love these guns. The basics of the design and materials are good and the machining is generally good. But the quality has dipped since about 2018. That said I've seen my share of dog old used too so I'd still buy a new Weihrauch.

I do think Weihrauch is styling guns for a younger market. I don't think the the guns are coming over lubed for power. Since 2018-19 Weihrauch quality has dipped. Considerably again since covid. I think 4 out of the the last 5 guns sent to me had machining and assembly defects. One of them was fatal and the gun had to be exchanged.

Over lubed guns are a symptom of poor assembly and quality control. Many if not most of these over lubed guns will burn through piston seals and break springs.

Don't get me wrong, I still love these guns. The basics of the design and materials are good and the machining is generally good. But the quality has dipped since about 2018. That said I've seen my share of dog old used too so I'd still buy a new Weihrauch.
Much of that tongue in cheek. Except the part about Manfred trying to ruin baseball. And I do think they’re marketing to a younger segment with the new stock designs. Quality control on just about everything has dipped post-Covid, HW is no exception.

I agree to much of the above. Me always preferring the old stuff to the new. And using to reject any innovation by sheer reflex. They went too tar for instance those laminated, stratified stocks in blue and yellow or so. And ambidextrous is a bit of genderspam ok. Still, from the very biginning I liked the new stocks very much and disliked the older ones as well as the HW80 stocks. Always disliked those unsymmetric right cheek stocks, too.
For instance the recent HW35 stocks are ambidextrous. Don't know what they had in their minds. The back part is beautiful but the forearm is extremly ugly that molten aesthetics like the Gamo Hunter displays. They couldn't decide for a proper style.
About quality control at Weihrauch: None of them came in a usable state. Two specimen hat missing chunks in the piston seal, the compression was packed with grease, a replace barrel doesn't fit into the gap for it is too slim....really poor.
And your brittle cocking shoe was maybe no steel but cast zamak (the same poor stuff they make the open sights and the 85 buttpart from), who knows.
I think those issues you won't find in an AA TX200

Anyway, a good airgun is supposed to last more than a lifetime. No sound commercial basis. And shooting is beeing restrained more and more. So they have do do something if they don't want do disappear. And when the guns have been perfect or near perfection for decades....the dilemma is plain to see.
I'd prefer to sell wine instead

Last edited:
My only gripe with the new ambidextrous stocked versions is the near impossibility of using the iron sights with the higher stock comb.
Absolutely true. The 95 Luxus stocks suffers the same thing. Why put stocks that high on a gun with open sights. Might as well ditch the open sights. Might as well only market the 97 if the 77 open sights are now unusable.

Absolutely true. The 95 Luxus stocks suffers the same thing. Why put stocks that high on a gun with open sights. Might as well ditch the open sights. Might as well only market the 97 if the 77 open sights are now unusable.
It was a disappointment to not be able to use the 77 irons without facial reconstruction surgery.

Don't know about that. But strange so then for it meets the whishes of professional or addicted shooters for an elaborated stock design very much, doesn't it? And ambidextrous. This was the one I was about to purchase. And this is the only one I'd have short barreled.
By the way, what are the recent stroke lengths? is it still the 82 mm from the first versions? What does MK1 mean?

View attachment 397807
I bought this stock as it came with the gun which I wanted for open sights (diopter). I lowered the comb and I was able to get on the open sights easily. I did however eventually put an old open sights stock but the altered stock on this post was very good. see pic now a much lower comb.
126B0FD3-4B9F-4EF3-9560-C86154424923.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are interested, here is the work around that I came up with for comfortable use of the iron sights.

Oh I didn't know that. they're having that beartrap too. For not necessary so for underlever or breakbarrel. Didn't see any though on the pics. This is one of the features that turns me off underlever springers.
I'm surely not the only one. Weihrauch must have redesigned them for some reasen. But I wouldn't care neither if I was the only one.
Must admit my aesthetic perception cannot properly be told apart from the impression of apparent functionality, specially at tools or anything else for practical use. While rubbish trash and needless brilliance might turn it off. Sticking diamonds all around a Rolex Oister doesn't make it any beautiful, just expensive.
That's exactly why I have the 85 instead. It's easier and more comfortable at use. One Diana 52 side lever tought me to better stand back (tough the recent 77 are much more beautiful than the clumsy 52 models)
Actually it’s jus a trigger block mechanism it does nothing but prevent it from firing if the trigger is pulled while it’s cocked. I’ve never put my finger in the trigger guard when cocking and loading. So I removed them off my guns, now they can be decocked.

Reactions: Maker's Marksman