• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman commander??

Since nobody has chimed in. The beeman commander is essentially the same as the chief 2, it just has a different stock configuration. The chief 2 and commander are multishot repeaters where as the chief is single shot. The question as to whether its worth the upgrade depends on whether or not you feel like having multishot capabilities for faster follow up shots. 

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at other rifles now, but watching reviews and 100 yard accuracy, I just can't see any advantage, other than shot count, in other guns. I can shoot 2" and under groups at 100 yards with the chief, and the guns I have been looking at may or may not shoot that well. I just got in the pcp world a few months ago, so I may just shoot the chief for a while longer, it hasn't given me a minutes trouble. I would like to upgrade but just don't want to spend the big $ lol

I purchased a Beeman commander in 22 and 177. I sent the 177 back to PA but kept the 22. the rifles in my opinion are not worth upgrading because you can't get parts for them. It's a heavy rifle and simply made. My 22 shoots groups very well at 35 yards and holds air.It's not a rifle for upgrading because you can buy other cheap guns that you can get parts for and maybe shoot circles better than the commander. 

Yeah I have just realized how hard it is to find parts for the chief, so far I can't find a website that sells something as simple as an oring kit for them. I'm really considering the hatsan flash or umarex gauntlet now, but still looking at reviews and videos of both. I want something that won't break the bank and will shoot well out to 100 yards. 

You may try captain o ring or look on the ebay site for beeman chief O-rings. You can get the three barrel O-rings from Ace hardware 007 if I remember correctly. That part of the barrel that slides inside the breech port. I love my Nova liberty's but even they have their faults. Lucky we have a good team on the forum that's working hard on the Liberty problems. In about the middle of the year. Air Venturi will have the Avenger. I'm enjoying my new Fortitude 177 now and love the high shot count. Good luck !

Thanks for the reply. I searched Ebay, but no luck, googled it every way I could think to search it with no luck, called pyramid air and they gave me a number to call. After 3 days of calling I finally was able to talk to someone, he is supposed to be sending me some o-rings. The guy told me it was an odd size and I probably wouldn't find it, I asked him what size it was and he didn't know. He acted like if I had any problems I could call and get parts from them. Btw he didn't charge me for the o-rings, so maybe they aren't to bad to deal with if you can ever get someone on the phone. 

I like the Commander.To me it should be the first gun to buy.Its a strong gun ,22 small groups 100yds,Alot of shots.Its heavy !!! im looking to get or make a lighter stock.Its not the Chief.Its bigger holds like 4 TIMES more shots.I dont know whats the same? i hear people say that.I dont think any parts would fit on the other.Maybe trigger?