• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman Commander 177

Have anyone on the forum had problems getting a beeman commander shoot any decent groups? I got this rifle from PA and it was shooting high as 1008 fps over the chrony. I backed out on the hammer adjuster to 700 fps, 800 fps and 900 fps with crosman 10.5 g pellets, no luck. The breech seals around the barrel lead were replaced. the three o rings were all nicked from the factory. I rechecked the ones i put in with no change in grouping and they are good.. The pellets I tried are h &n, jsb and crosmans.

What is the condition of the crown and leade? Have you tried single-shot versus mag-loading? Can you also verify that your optics are not to blame? What is your frame of reference for groups- 1/2" at 50 yards or ???

Hearing that none of those 3 brands groups is a surprise- just about every airgun that has the potential for accuracy is going to like one of those- assuming they are all domes. If nothing groups, I'd be looking at the barrel very closely- in particular, around the crown and leade

The lead on the beeman is in good condition and no burrs at tp hole . I have no idea about the crown or muzzle end. I'm using a discovery 4x16x50 scope that I had on my fx crown. My guess is the barrel is at fault. I have a Commander in 22 and it will shoot one hole groups at thirty yards. It's to windy here in midwest now and maybe I will do some more tests in a few days.The gun holds air and the barrel was not that dirty when I pulled cleaning patches through it. Maybe could have been a barrel change. Can not get the cap loose on the moderator so I will leave it alone.