Beeman Chief

Hello.

Does anyone here shoot or own a Beeman Chief? I am rapidly geting tired of not being able to shoot the springers well. It must take something I don't have.

The Beeman gets good reviews on Youtube . However I have two springers that got great reviews on Youtube. Take that any way you like.

I would like to know how they shoot. Can one expect small groups at 25 or 30 yards or minute of barndoor like springers? What pellet they like?. How many shots I can get per tank of air.? If you use a hand pump how hard is that to manage.? I sadly must say I have lung problems and I have some fear I could not get it pumped up if it is really hard to do.

Thanks for your kind replies

God Bless

Bobby

I bought a Chief not long after they first came out. I guess to say how I like it would be to say that currently I have glass costing about $800 on that air rifle that came off my 223 bolt gun.

I would also say it is not "super" pellet picky, just about any JSB shoots good through it, as well as about any H&N. I generally shoot mine at 50-ish yards and can keep things pretty good. 

Personally I hate photos of targets and videos as how do you really know the target was not 5 feet from the gun.....but anyhoo I have a video on my phone....been playing with a new video thingy and am in the process of uploading it to my youtube account....I will link it if I remember to come back.

The gun is...like many....a QB on HPA, with the same real good trigger, and good barrels. Try to find someone bad mouth a QB. You will find clueless people badmouthing the guns derived from it, but they are as I said clueless with an agenda to push.

I can't speak to all only the one I own, and it is a fantastic little gun.....but....

It does like to be at a specific spot in its fill, put too much in and it is not accurate, too little and well too little at 50. I will say where mine wants to be (and I can check at home if any are interested) I get ~15-20 shots

The video below is at 50 yards, off a bench, there is a bit of wind as you can see the steel target moving in the breeze. I was playing with different pellets today, new tin.

Welp as I is too stupit to upload videos here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=945lQIAw7pE

Son in law has a chief. I have a Maximus, and it is a toss up (both .22 cal). His shoots the JSB 15.89 or AirArms 16 gr the best, we plink at self resetting targets and stand spent CO2 powerlets by the neck and routinely hit them at our 40 yd backyard range. That said, they are both noisy to shoot without a mod, his has the TKO now, and I use a donnyfl, since the hunter Maximus is setup with an OEM threaded barrel. Both rifles are worthy of good glass, mine uses a swfa 10x, costs more that the rifle, his has a nice UTG on it. The 2000 pound fill is pretty easy to pump, we both did that initially, but he bought a Yong Heng to make it simple. Both rifles have been reliable, although his did need a new fill quick connect, his failed and leaked air quickly to zero, easy replacement though, once it was obtained.

I have a maximus as well also, mine is the euro version I bought direct from crosman. I would doubt the "american" more powerful version would be different, but I also love that gun as well. It has some things the chief does not have, the sling mounts for one. Perfect for mounting a sling attach bipod. I use the maximus to practice my prone shooting inside and when it is nasty to shoot out to 25 yards. It is really a fantastic gun and agree with that guy that reviewed them that is linked to this site. It shoots like it is on a regulator....I don't remember the numbers but very close together and a LOT of shots out of that gun. A better kids gun is not out there....it does need trigger help however, that plastic trigger is just for the birds.