Beeman Chief II Synthetic .177 1st PCP experience and review

One of the cheaper PCP rifles. I was disappointed at first as I have extensive background with bolt action precision rifles

but maybe that's what's expected from the company at that price point.

Anyone else have experience with this rifle and have similar issues with the barrel not being on straight and the sights drilled canted?

Yes, this is my first post. Hopefully I'll have a Gauntlet 2 review next time, although there are lots of those reviews already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYl66rUtOA

its a solid built rifle, really heavy for what it is .. the barrel itself ive never had off but you could try removing and checking things out and retightening it carefully ... the front sight is on the plastic moderator and that was all wonky on mine, i put a heat gun on it very carefully so i didnt scorch it and got it soft enough to get it straight ... worst thing about my example anyay, is it has terrible hammer bounce and wastes tons of air, so i need to get into it and see if i can improve that ... but it shoots fairly good out to 45 ,50 for me, about a 1" spread at that distance ..

What pellets are you using for best performance? I have some crossmans 7.4, winchester 9g and HN Green 4g but had a 5mph wind on testing day.

I noticed the hammer bounce too, I have since detuned the spring 3 turns to see if I can get more shots out of it and/or better performance.

The rear sight is drilled into the barrel and the barrel has 2 set screw dimples drilled into it so it's not really adjustable if it came wonky. At least my front and rear matched but as I said, I was going to always have a scope on it and when I put air into it, it shot at full power, kept air and had repeatable accuracy at 10yards so I kept it. Lesson learned again, never buy super cheap.

I have the same model and had the same issue with the barrel. I sent an email to Beeman with no response. The barrel band is plastic so I didn't want to torque down on it too hard. It seems stable enough and it's straight for now. I think if you are not careful and bump the rifle or if it falls over the barrel will go out of alignment again. Poor design on Beeman's part. I purchased a Simmons 8 point 6x18-50 scope for it ( I know that is overkill, but I got it for 39.00 bucks due to a pricing error on amazon). The scope was too long and hit the rear sight so I decided to remove it. That was a mistake. What I thought was a roll pin holding the rear sight on was actually a pin that was supposed to be permanently stamped in place. Long story short rear sight mount is destroyed. I don't care about that too much as I want to use a scope on it. The scope fits now but I have 2 mounting screw holes in the barrel. If I put the 2 screws that hold the base of the mount in place they stick up about a 1/16 of an inch. I left them in for now until I can come up with a better solution. I could leave the screws out as well. Last but not least mine does not like any Crossman pellets of any kind. H&N pellets work good but cost a lot more money. I have not put any pellets through my chronograph yet, but I can say I got about 4 magazines through it before it got down to 2000 psi. I hand pump so i did not want to go lower as it was a work out to go from 0 to 3000. It was about 325 pumps. From 2000-3000 it took about 75 pumps. I hope this helps. I can send you picks about the rear sight if you are wondering.