Beeman Beeman bearcub/ webley vulcan terrible trigger

Hi everyone, was trying out my new to me beeman bearcub yesterday, absolutely love this handy little rifle but.... I can't get any sort of decent accuracy with this rifle because the trigger is absolutely horrible! It's a very stiff trigger, is this something that can be adjusted out of this rifle? Or are the vulcan triggers really just that bad, and there is nothing that can be done about it?

I may be the only person on earth who thinks this, but I don't mind that trigger at all for a sporting rifle. Yes, a single-stage with some weight and a bit of creep, but smooth with predictable let-off once settled in.

Webleys in general - like many classic mechanical objects of the pre-digital age - are made to "wear in" with time and use (remember when new cars came with speed limits, etc., for the break-in period?). Set the adjuster to your preference and carry on, the trigger will be better next year (seriously)! 🙂

Reactions: fishing43
I may be the only person on earth who thinks this, but I don't mind that trigger at all for a sporting rifle. Yes, a single-stage with some weight and a bit of creep, but smooth with predictable let-off once settled in.

Webleys in general - like many classic mechanical objects of the pre-digital age - are made to "wear in" with time and use (remember when new cars came with speed limits, etc., for the break-in period?). Set the adjuster to your preference and carry on, the trigger will be better next year (seriously)! 🙂
There is no reason to tolerate a creepy Vulcan trigger. Back the screw out until it's gone. Carefully test the setting by striking the butt with a rubber mallet to ensure it won't bump fire. If you want to improve on that take the trigger and sear out and lightly stone the surfaces. Or try a lighter spring. I did not find replacing the spring to be necessary.