Beeman Beeman 77

Must be a Mark 1. It has to be staked. Or replace the whole assembly if you can find one. I scored a couple on eBay a few years ago. It takes some heat to get one off. The whole thing was Weihrauch's bad idea. Non removable sight and all. I never did really get the whole fake over/under thing. I have one but I just don't believe a classy gun should be fake. Like you're ashamed of having an underlever!

Must be a Mark 1. It has to be staked. Or replace the whole assembly if you can find one. I scored a couple on eBay a few years ago. It takes some heat to get one off. The whole thing was Weihrauch's bad idea. Non removable sight and all. I never did really get the whole fake over/under thing. I have one but I just don't believe a classy gun should be fake. Like you're ashamed of having an underlever!
The mk 2s are fine and I love shooting them but!! . What’s a permanent fix for the mk1s

Who said anything about a Mk2, sir? My understanding, FWIW., is you have a Mk1 that the ball bearing pops out on. Mine never popped out but I saw one that did and it just needed staked better. IMO it's a rinky dink arrangement in the first place. Fortunately I have replacements but never really warmed up to fiddly to load underlevers anyway. I don't even look at it much. I've been into airguns long enough to realize my tastes and requirements are subject to change so it stays around another decade or so.
What exactly are all the parts you located? Does the ball keep popping out?

Who said anything about a Mk2, sir? My understanding, FWIW., is you have a Mk1 that the ball bearing pops out on. Mine never popped out but I saw one that did and it just needed staked better. IMO it's a rinky dink arrangement in the first place. Fortunately I have replacements but never really warmed up to fiddly to load underlevers anyway. I don't even look at it much. I've been into airguns long enough to realize my tastes and requirements are subject to change so it stays around another decade or so.
What exactly are all the parts you located? Does the ball keep popping out?
It’s a mk1, can you give advice on how to stake it properly.

First, the spring has a good bit of tension but NO preload on the ball at rest with the arm released.. You can spin the ball freely with your fingertip. There should be no tension on the ball that would work it out of the soft metal each time you cock the gun. Just enough to hold the arm when it's at it's rest position. For something like that I might grind a straight blade screwdriver blade to fit the little existing "dent". A little row of center punches from an automatic center punch might also do a nice job. They are very easy to control accurately. And adjustable impact as well. Very handy little tool that can be had cheap. Might be good to blunt the sharp point some and attempt to push the metal slightly in the direction you need it to go to form the swage that holds the ball in.
Best wishes with your repair.

Reactions: fishing43
First, the spring has a good bit of tension but NO preload on the ball at rest with the arm released.. You can spin the ball freely with your fingertip. There should be no tension on the ball that would work it out of the soft metal each time you cock the gun. Just enough to hold the arm when it's at it's rest position. For something like that I might grind a straight blade screwdriver blade to fit the little existing "dent". A little row of center punches from an automatic center punch might also do a nice job. They are very easy to control accurately. And adjustable impact as well. Very handy little tool that can be had cheap. Might be good to blunt the sharp point some and attempt to push the metal slightly in the direction you need it to go to form the swage that holds the ball in.
Best wishes with your repair.
Thank you for the advice, I’ll definitely fabricate something to fit the dents.