Beeman Beeman 2028 with carbine stock

Since I haven't found anything online or anyone on here having built a wooden stock for the Marshall platform, I decided to buy a new 2028 off ebay from Ransony for $178 shipped with tax.

I'm going to make a stock and adapt it to the pistol grip and hopefully make it look as seamless as possible. If I can't get it to look good without filler, I will just hydro dip it in a camo pattern or something.

Hoping it comes out to under 30 inches with stock and a shroud I plan to make for it using marauder parts and a custom air stripper. Will do the obligatory tune as well, and try for a 20 fpe 20 shot gun.

I had a notos, and it was accurate and quiet, handy, etc... I just can't do all the plastic. Also, I always felt like I was going to snap the side lever off when I would go for a quick follow up shot.

Anywho, I will report back on this thread with updates when I receive the pistol, and when I start the mods.

Reactions: Rvaughn
Well, I got the pistol today. It's bigger than I expected and I knew it was big just by some reviews and videos I've come across.

Quick 8 shots over the chrony with some 16 grain AAs. First 2 shots in the 375 range and quiet. Turned the hammer in 2 full turns, and got into the 580s. 2 more turns, and was at 650s and a bit louder. Nothing I can't shoot in my basement without ear pro, but I cranked it 2 more turns and it was only 675ish and LOUD. Ate up some air as well.

I will now pull the barrel and clean it, and set a tune with 18s or 21s, and check for accuracy. Hoping for 1/2" or under at 30 yards max with this gun. I should be able to keep the shroud length down to maybe only 4 baffles as well, since it's not super loud currently. Don't know if I will meet my under 30" goal however, it's a pig of a pistol.

Good news, they also use the same mags as the beeman 1358 underlever bullpup. I have one of those I'm currently making a stock for and turning into a mid mount side lever just above the trigger grip.

Last edited:
Careful cleaning the barrel on these guns. The inner o-ring doesn't really have a groove that it sits in. It just presses against a recessed lip and the bolt is about 1/4" diameter, so it slip the pellet thru the o-ring and has a beveled edge that seals it together. It came out when cleaning the bore.

BTW, I used Hoppes #9 since I had to clean my Marlin 60 after hitting the range this morning. Such a pleasant smell, I actually like it alot.

The Beemans will also use marauder mags and avenger mags even a couple of AE Swede 20 shot mags
That's good to know. I currently have 4 mags for this platform now. I doubt the 2028 will get 40 shots, unless it's backed way off in velocity. Did a rough tune for 2 mags around 14 fpe, but it gets pretty loud towards the end of those 20 shots due to lower air pressure allowing the valve to stay open.

Here's a mock up with an old buttstock I had from my kral mega I used the fore end from. I'm going to cut it down a bit more to shorten the LOP and bring the cheek piece up higher. Mold the palm plate to the stock, and mold the top section of the thumb hole area to just the underneath of the pistol grip's beaver tail. Trying to keep from painting over the stock, and will mask off and do a textured finish to the bonded areas after filler.

I'm still baffled as to why this pistol is so gigantic. The trigger blade is huge lol.

20231211_203719.jpg

Tossed a cheap tru glo 4x20 on there for now to see how it looks. Will pick up a better scope soon, and come up with some shroud parts.

Swapped out the scope for my sniper 3-9x32 AO, and ran a couple screws into the stock through the palm plate. I will probably get it molded together tomorrow with Fiberglass resin, and sand/shape the grip and stock. Going to cut off the grip section that is sticking out of the bottom after it's done curing up.

Filled it to 3200 psi and ran some 18s, doing around 650-680 but it is LOUD. Definitely got to get a shroud going for it. Stacking the jsb 18s at 5 yards in the basement, so hopefully they'll do good out to 30. AA 16s do really well, as do polymags... which I'm hoping to be the go to bird pellet.
20231212_172242.jpg

I may fashion up a piece of mahogany or something on the fore end to extend the grip, and give it that look of the higher end guns like AA does.

Swapped out the scope for my sniper 3-9x32 AO, and ran a couple screws into the stock through the palm plate. I will probably get it molded together tomorrow with Fiberglass resin, and sand/shape the grip and stock. Going to cut off the grip section that is sticking out of the bottom after it's done curing up.

Filled it to 3200 psi and ran some 18s, doing around 650-680 but it is LOUD. Definitely got to get a shroud going for it. Stacking the jsb 18s at 5 yards in the basement, so hopefully they'll do good out to 30. AA 16s do really well, as do polymags... which I'm hoping to be the go to bird pellet.View attachment 415137

I may fashion up a piece of mahogany or something on the fore end to extend the grip, and give it that look of the higher end guns like AA does.
Ok so you officially have to make me one of those lol. I have the buckrail kit but that looks damn good nice job.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Ok so you officially have to make me one of those lol. I have the buckrail kit but that looks damn good nice job.
Thanks! I haven't had a chance to do much in it the last two days. I did resin the stock to the palm plate, and will start shaping it this weekend. Really hoping to preserve the wood grain and not have to paint over it because of filler.

It handles very nice though. Has enough weight and girth for a stable hold. It will probably come out around 31" when done, from my measurements so far. Depends on how many baffles it needs in the shroud, it has quiet the bark with anything over about 12 fpe.

Thanks! I haven't had a chance to do much in it the last two days. I did resin the stock to the palm plate, and will start shaping it this weekend. Really hoping to preserve the wood grain and not have to paint over it because of filler.

It handles very nice though. Has enough weight and girth for a stable hold. It will probably come out around 31" when done, from my measurements so far. Depends on how many baffles it needs in the shroud, it has quiet the bark with anything over about 12 fpe.
Yes they do FYI if you ever want to go .177 with it the probe and barrels from Barra for there 1100z are direct drop in parts. It's like $30 bucks for both parts and you could always chop the .177 barrel to your desired length.

Yes they do FYI if you ever want to go .177 with it the probe and barrels from Barra for there 1100z are direct drop in parts. It's like $30 bucks for both parts and you could always chop the .177 barrel to your desired length.
Nice to know. I figure a few of these chinese guns have similar parts. The crosman icon, Barra, and chief platforms all look very similar. I'm pretty sure the barrel off my beeman 1358 will fit too, and that would give me a threaded barrel. Just not the length I'm going for.

As for 177, I don't shoot it anymore. My ham hands tend to drop them or load them wrong. I shoot mostly 25, but this and the 1358 are both 22, and both currently down for surgery lol.

Nice to know. I figure a few of these chinese guns have similar parts. The crosman icon, Barra, and chief platforms all look very similar. I'm pretty sure the barrel off my beeman 1358 will fit too, and that would give me a threaded barrel. Just not the length I'm going for.

As for 177, I don't shoot it anymore. My ham hands tend to drop them or load them wrong. I shoot mostly 25, but this and the 1358 are both 22, and both currently down for surgery lol.
Gotcha similar hands here lol I still have .177 but man they piss me off sometimes trying just pick one up out of the tin. Yes all those rifles are essential the same platform in different dresses. The good thing is Barra sells the valve and probes ect so there are at least some parts available.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Minor update. Measured barrel diameter, confirmed they're 13mm. Ordered a 1/2" UNF adapter that will work as my air stripper mount for the shroud.

Got a little more molding done of the stock, just need to shape it and see how much more to add. The grip on the beeman is very fat, so I have a good chunk of meat to trim to my liking.

Should have it roughed in soon, just need to find my sanding drum kit, these rat tail files are taking too long.

Went to Lowes and just got a new set of sander drums. Made short work of this hard filler. Reshaped the grip and thumbhole, now the stock fits my hand like a glove. After moving up thru the sanding phases, it should come out just about perfect. This was a 50 grit drum to knock it all down.
20231216_174536.jpg
20231216_174551.jpg
20231216_174649.jpg

in this last picture, you can see the out of round drop to the comb from the pistol grip beaver tail. I'm going to add a bit more filler to bring that nice and round.

20231216_174618.jpg

Probably need one more final brush coat of resin and sand it all back with 60-80-120-220. Final sand the entire stock with 220-320-400. The filler is actually looking pretty dark, so I will most likely give it an oil based dark walnut stain and it will hopefully hide the lines.

I gotta figure out what I'm doing with the Kral logo on the stock too. If I fill it, it's going to ruin the grain and then I'm stuck painting it or dipping. I can't sand it out, because it's too deep and close to the butt pad, so the lines will be off and it'll look flat there.

Reactions: Neu
Yep I put a Barra 19" on my 2027 along with some BR goodies I now get 900fps out of this little gun

View attachment 416862
Very nice. The 22 with 10 turns in on the hammer spring gave me 870s with 14.3 crosman domes, but im planning on a different setup with the 1358 parts now. I don't like bullpups really, and I might get an beeman ar2078a, and stuff the 1358 action into it, run a baffled shroud.

This current build will go back to the pistol barrel and probably a 15 fpe tune or so. Whatever gives me decent shot count and quiet report.

*Update*

Finally go the stock shaped and sanded. Couldn't get the resin filler to take a stain, so I'm going to paint it or dip. Honestly, I'm digging this first layer of primer.
20231224_212342.jpg
20231224_212300.jpg
20231224_212306.jpg

Going to fill in the Kral logo on the back, and fix a couple minor spots. Also got my 1/2-20 adapter and it fit snug on the barrel. Tried my donnyFL on it, and it's super quiet with a moderator. Just need some CF tube for the shroud, and I can get this thing operational.

I tried the little bearing trick on the trigger like can be done with the crosman break barrels(same trigger group on here, gotta love China), but the sear wouldn't catch and the gun would discharge with just a shake or jiggle.

I took the spring out and crushed it a bit tighter, and now it's much lighter. Still a decent amount of creep, but you can just pull til 2nd stage and do a quick tap and it breaks crisp. I may try a longer take up screw to change the sear angle, but it's fine the way it is too.

Hoping to put a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40AO on this gun, should work perfect for the power level it will have.