Beeman Beeman 2028 vs Diana Bandit

I'm thinking about picking up a pistol to pack along in the mountains when I go for mule deer next fall. Just be used to pick up a few grouse, squirrels or rabbit if we find them along the way. Don't have a huge budget but been tossing around the Diana Bandit since I already have a Chaser and can interchange the grips and long barrel. Also looking at the Beeman 2028 since it has a wide adjustable range and picking up a buckrail grip for it. Anyone have any opinions either way on these two

Gona go ahead and just recommend getting a pp700 instead. I have a bandit and pp800 (essentially the same gun). While the 700 does not take a magazine, essentially everything is better about it. The 800s are good, i think a lot come with regulators now. But they were originally designed to be unregulated. The air tube is very small on the 800 and the beeman. But with a regulator.... the air capacity shrinks significantly. Maybe that's not an issue if you dont need or want many shots per fill. The 700s were designed to be regulated, and have nearly double the air capacity. An un-regulated 800 has a very wild power band. Very high output, and pretty steep power drop off on either side of peak power. So velocity will be all over the place if you fire it from full down till the gauge hits the red section. Another thing to be noted about these pistols is I believe the beeman grip is undersized for most people. The bandit grip is vastly over-sized (see mine cut down below), and if you get a synthetic pp800 grip they are also a bit on the slim side, but manageable. Could probably get some type of rubber pistol over-grip wrap to make better. My hands are extremely average sized.

One of mine has a cothran valve, and only gets two shots per fill, but produces full size rifle power (50fpe). I have other pistols as well, so it doesn't bother me to have such a low shot count in one, and for the hunting I do, it's rare I even take more than 2 shots. This one does not accept a magazine (25 cal), but they do make them that do take magazines now in 25 cal. (can be found on airgunarcheryfun.ca)

20230719_030635_edited.jpg