• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Beeman 1518 Transfer Port Seal

Has anyone on the forum with the Beeman 22 Cal 1518 have experienced air leakage when you fire each shot from your Beeman. This has been an issue from day one with this rifle and it's about time, I have to address this issue. The transport seal is a plastic-looking o- ring, that is contoured to the air tube or air valve and just lays there in place between the breech and air tube. Two screws secure it together. I wonder if one of the transfer ports from other guns may work in place of this poor design. Please let me hear from some of you Beeman owners or air gun techs out there

Needless to say, this is not a popular air gun. You cannot find parts for it even when you contact Beeman. I ended up putting two O-rings into the transfer port to seal it, then the poppet valve started leaking and would not seal. I reached out to Duy in Texas and asked for his help. I sent pictures of the firing valve with the poppet to him and he gave me a yes 
I'll see what I can do. Weeks later, Duy came through with a modified poppet, and now my Beeman is holding air again. Many thanks go out to Duy for his help as I know he's a very busy man. So, I got a Beeman with a peek poppet that does not leak!