Beeman 1358 Tuning and shooting

gun.1650402178.jpeg
Received my Beeman 1358 a few weeks back. Nice wood stock but decided to turn it black. I used Rust-Oleum Peel Coat. That way I didn't ruin the original finish and I can change back. Installed modulator by benelliboym1 ebay. Real happy with it. The stock trigger out of the box had over 6 1/2 pull weight. Replaced trigger spring with ball point spring. Now just under 2 lb real nice. First stage is a little long and may deal with that soon. Stock HS two heavy to produce a bell shot curve. Have a lighter spring on order. In mean time cut a curl out of the stock spring. With adjuster screw flush or backed off all the way got 90 shot count. Better than stock 40 backed off flush. This produced a slow climbing curve topping out around shot 50-54 and then slowly dropping off. Have done some other settings with HS but waiting for lighter spring for now. Using a red dot for fun and plan to mount the Beeman scope it came with to try it out soon.

Happy to hear your having good results with yours. 

I have tried several different pellets and they all so far seem to give similar results. I am also shooting max 50 yards. Mostly closer in. So far I would say it not as accurate as my Origin. I am going to do more testing and HS adjustments to see if I can't improve it. I put the scope on to see if I could get the groups tighter at 25 yards but I can do just as well when using my red dot at that distance.

This is my first bullpup type and I like the whole design especially with lever cocking.

If you own either this Beeman 1358/1357 and want to get rid of that long first stage trigger pull here's how.

After removing the two stock screws and stock remove the pin that holds the trigger in the trigger block. Remove trigger assembly with rod attached and watch for spring coming free. Now remove the pin
20220426_133058.1651242576.jpg
20220426_140827.1651242685.jpg
from the trigger rod connector. Now file off 1/4 in worth of threads on the trigger rod so when the connector is reinstalled you see maybe one thread. Now reinstall the connector on the rod and then reinstall the trigger and spring. That's it real easy and if you will not believe how much better it makes shooting this gun. You can still add back some first stage if you wanted by just backing that connector off a turn or two.

If you own either this Beeman 1358/1357 and want to get rid of that long first stage trigger pull here's how.

After removing the two stock screws and stock remove the pin that holds the trigger in the trigger block. Remove trigger assembly with rod attached and watch for spring coming free. Now remove the pinView attachment 202347View attachment 202352 from the trigger rod connector. Now file off 1/4 in worth of threads on the trigger rod so when the connector is reinstalled you see maybe one thread. Now reinstall the connector on the rod and then reinstall the trigger and spring. That's it real easy and if you will not believe how much better it makes shooting this gun. You can still add back some first stage if you wanted by just backing that connector off a turn or two.
This mod is LEGIT! Makes this pup a shooter! Thank you!!!