• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beastly, but portly gals…

I picked up the Urban for my father in law. He has a hook on one arm and wanted something for pesting. So I figured he could learn how to use it but he struggled with the magazine, the safety and a scope with AO was beyond him. So I'm on the hunt for a lightweight single shot for a one armed 74 year old guy , I already purchased a fixed parallax scope for him. Any suggestions. ? Might even try a co2 airgun for him. He's just pesting between 10 to 30 yards.

Good news for me is the Urban fills the gap between the Prod and Maverick . The first ten shot group I shot with it was a raged 1/2" hole at 25y. Fixed the trigger pull weight so it's good to go. It's a keeper.
What about a PCP pistol or carbine? Umarex and Hatsan have new offerings at decent prices.

Reactions: Headshots
A lot of PCP air rifles and bull-pups look like M60s, particularly the bottle guns. yes they are short and powerful. But after scope and bipod mounting on the top/bottom/side rails? They start to get “tall” and resemble the “super structure” on an aircraft carrier. They look heavy, but in a condensed form. I work a physical job and am no stranger to lifting or hauling. But when out and about doing what I do with my guns, I want light, handy and svelte. With my heavier PCPs, I was limited to mostly “over watch” setups. Had a lot of success, but when traipsing around the gun would reveal it field weight. Ratting with an Artemis pp700sa, showed me what a super light rig was capable of. That started my downward progression in size and power for my uses. You guys know I’m crazy about my Atomic XR, well mostly just crazy. Kidding aside, I like to walk around with my rig. Yes, I had slings on my rifles, but they were still heavy. Adding binos around neck, range finder, etc. Simply was more weight than I wanted to handle for fun. This isn’t a “knock” on any particular PCPs. We all ogle the rigs posted here and elsewhere, this is just one man’s opinion. Thoughts?

P.S. FXs’ new Panthera is and a sweet example of a PCP rifle that stays svelte after adding a scope and bipod.
Yup, my P15 is my FAVORITE hunting gun. In 25 cal it is hunting accurate to 75 yards. Light small accurate. If it were a long range gun, I'd get rid of the rest of my stable!

A lot of PCP air rifles and bull-pups look like M60s, particularly the bottle guns. yes they are short and powerful. But after scope and bipod mounting on the top/bottom/side rails? They start to get “tall” and resemble the “super structure” on an aircraft carrier. They look heavy, but in a condensed form. I work a physical job and am no stranger to lifting or hauling. But when out and about doing what I do with my guns, I want light, handy and svelte. With my heavier PCPs, I was limited to mostly “over watch” setups. Had a lot of success, but when traipsing around the gun would reveal it field weight. Ratting with an Artemis pp700sa, showed me what a super light rig was capable of. That started my downward progression in size and power for my uses. You guys know I’m crazy about my Atomic XR, well mostly just crazy. Kidding aside, I like to walk around with my rig. Yes, I had slings on my rifles, but they were still heavy. Adding binos around neck, range finder, etc. Simply was more weight than I wanted to handle for fun. This isn’t a “knock” on any particular PCPs. We all ogle the rigs posted here and elsewhere, this is just one man’s opinion. Thoughts?

P.S. FXs’ new Panthera is and a sweet example of a PCP rifle that stays svelte after adding a scope and bipod.

AEA .357, 300 FPE, AWE-freaking-SOME!!

Reactions: L.Leon
Just got into PCP’s this past January with a Cayden. It‘s a great shooter and looks amazing, but she’s a heavy girl. Then I added a bipod to the front sling mount and she’s relegated to the bench. Just picked up an Avenger all decked out in Terminador gear. Super light and quiet. Looks to be my favorite … so far …
I had a cayden and that was the downfall of why I sold it. Also, it was like 45" long with a Donny on it. I'm a carbine guy.

93B66F6A-A880-436F-9C94-4F94FED5B689.jpeg37320FB3-6CAF-4858-86CA-7975E4FAB36C.jpeg Chunky Monkey and Skinny Minnie side by side