Bear River TPR 1200 Air Rifle For 59 Bucks

Very nice review. Particularly appreciate that you cover important "must do" basic maintenance, before the first shot is fired through a NIB rifle.

First thing: Tighten all stock and sight screws. Right now. If you don't it will give you heartburn trying to zero your new rifle. You will wonder why pellets are flying everywhere and, perhaps, conclude it is pilot error or that your new toy doesn't like any of the test pellets. It can drive you crazy - just because you forgot to take five minutes to snug everything down.

Second thing: Clean the bore. As you illustrated, there is a lot of machining crud and preservative residue in a new barrel. Get rid of it now, before it becomes embedded in the barrel. Your simple, braided line and loop methodology shows a very good way to do this - breech to muzzle - instead of poking a cleaning rod through the muzzle. You custom size each patch and use two patches on each pass. No chance of damaging the crown or delicate rifling doing it your way.

Third thing: Start off using the factory, iron sights. By doing so, you removed another variable (proper scope mounting) from the startup equation. You also get an idea of pellet compatibility and have your iron sights zeroed if you have a scope failure in the field. Another wise decision.

Saw your post yesterday and today was dismayed that you had no views or replies. That is a sad commentary on this Forum. It doesn't matter if it is a $59 or $500 rifle. The principles you employ are universal and often overlooked. Have seen many posts where someone is looking for help and a reply recommending one of these procedures has provided the cure.

Thank you for your time and effort to give good advice and also highlight an inexpensive airgun. A lot of folks are on a Wally budget and don't realize that even a Chinese springer can be made into a shooter by following the basic steps you outline in your review. Bravo to you.

Thank you, I truly appreciate your response. I don't care how much it costs I'll shoot it, lol. I really am liking this rifle, I was just out testing it again and posting another video on it, I love this rifle for plinking, it's powerful and accurate enough to be a good hunting rifle for certain. There are plenty of good guns on the market for small game or plinking, this happens to be one of them. 

Thanks again.