• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BE CAREFUL! SCAMS ABOUND OUT THERE!!!

Recieved two emails today, one from "Netflix", one from "PayPal" saying my accounts were locked or limited. Of course they asked me to sign in, NO NO NO! Checked the sender's address & they BOTH came from the same place, [email protected]. Went to both my legitimate accounts & what d'ya know, no locks or limits & everything is fine. I HATE these internet, personal info thieves with a passion. Wish there was a way to track 'em down for a face to face "discussion" about their sleazy, slimy ways! BE VERY CAREFUL about who & what you respond to. Stay safe out there guys & gals.

Gerry 

I get those too. The Netflix email came through while we were watching a show on Netflix. I also get notices that someone has unsuccessfully attempted to gain access to my Bank America account, and I need to change the password using the link below. I've never had an account with Bank America.

The best scam is an email stating they have my email password and by opening this email I let in a program that allows them total access to my computer. The email then goes on to give my password, which WAS an old password I used years ago, and claims they "activated" my camera and have video of me watching pic and "by the way you have some very interesting tastes". If I don't send them $3,000 USD in the next 24 hours, they will email the video to everyone in my contacts including my mother. It then goes on to state the program alerts them to the date and time I opened the email so take note.

#1 My computer doesn't have a camera.

#2 My mother doesn't have a computer or email.

#3 I don't watch pic.

#4 They gained access, turned on the camera, and videoed me watching pic just now as I opened the email?

I sent them a reply stating to please do send the video to all my contacts, but to please gain access to their computers and turn on their cameras so as to record their expressions when watching the video of me, and send their reactions to me for my enjoyment. They responded with "your f@$%ing with the wrong people".

DELETE!

We see these things too. Seems like they have ramped up in frequency in the past couple months for us.

we just received this one the other day in our “junk” folder. It’s kind of fun to read. It’s creative at least...

copy and paste

The Truth/Secret About Your Fund

I am Mr Kossi. a computer scientist working with central bank of Lome Togo. I just started work with central bank of Lome Togo. and I came across your file which was marked X and your released disk painted RED,

I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees and but the fund was not released to you. The most annoying thing is that they won't tell you the truth that no account will they ever release the fund to you,instead they allow you spend money unnecessarily,

I do not intend to work here all the days of my life, I can release this fund to you if you can certify me of my security.I needed to do this because you need to know the statues of your Funds and cause for the delay,Please this is like a Mafia setting in Lome Togo, you may not understand it because you are not a Togolese.

The only thing needed to release this fund is the Anti drug/terrorist clearance certificate which will be tendered to any of your nominated bank and the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE(IRS)for clearance of the transferred amount in your account.Once the Anti drug /terrorist clearance certificate is obtained funds will immediately reflect in your bank within 30 Minutes,the certificate is all that is needed tovcomplete this transaction.

Note that the actual funds is valued at $5 MILLION USD and the president made a compensation fund release for all unpaid beneficiary valued at $1 million usd.Listed below are the mafia's and banks behind the non release of your funds that i managed to sneak out for your kind perusal.

1) Prof. Charles soludo

2) Senator Mark

3) Chief Joseph Sanusi

4) Dr. R. Rasheed

5) Barrister Awele Ugorji

6) Mr Roland Ngwa

7) Barrister Ucheuzo Williams

8) Mr. Ernest Chukwudi Obi

9) Dr. Patrick Aziza

Deputy Governor - Policy / Board Member

10) Mr. Tunde Lemo

Deputy Governor - Financial Sector Surveillance / Board Member

11) Mrs. W. D. A. Mshelia

Deputy Governor - Corporate Services / Board Members

12) Mrs. Okonjo Iweala

13) Mrs. Rita Ekwesili

14) Barr Jacob Onyema

15) Dr. Godwin Oboh: Director Union Bank Of Nigeria.

16) Mr John Collins: Global Diplomat Director.

17) Foreign fund diplomatic courier

18) Barr. Becky Owens

19)Rev. Steven Jones

20) bank of Africa

21)Mrs. Debbie Hargrove

22)Mr. Micheal Wagner

23)Barr. Isa Farid

24)Dr. Raymond Faye

25)Ibraheem Fashola

26)Dr. Leslie Fawaz

27)Mercy Fajaroo

28)Walter K. Falana

29)Azeez Fatou

30)Ibrahim Fabumi

31)Daniel Faras

32)Micheal Faras

Do get in touch with me immediately with my direct Email id ([email protected]) to conclude this final transaction immediately,and also send to me your convenient tel/fax numbers for easy communications.

Thanks while i look forward to your positive reply.

Regards,

Mr Kossi

I could have become a multi-millionaire several times over already from internet emails. I guess I will never know....

Never click on the link inside a scam email. Never open any attachments.

Instead, open a new browser and type in whatever search engine you use and go from there where you want to log in. Go directly to their website (bank,Netflix, etc) and not from a link in an email or strange website.

No legitimate organization will ask for your password. Nobody ever should know your password and will never send you a link unsolicited to reset your password. 

The IRS will never ever call you, nor will they email you out of the blue.

Comcast, Direct TV, Fios, etc will never call you and offer you a deal that is hard to refuse and making you go to a 7/11 or Walgreen, etc to get gift certificates to pay up for 6 months ahead, etc to get 90% off.

Watch our for time-share scams that claim to free you from your contract. 

Greed, greed, greed...that is the button they push. It works...

I could have become a multi-millionaire several times over already from internet emails. I guess I will never know....

Never click on the link inside a scam email. Never open any attachments.

Instead, open a new browser and type in whatever search engine you use and go from there where you want to log in. Go directly to their website (bank,Netflix, etc) and not from a link in an email or strange website.

No legitimate organization will ask for your password. Nobody ever should know your password and will never send you a link unsolicited to reset your password. 

The IRS will never ever call you, nor will they email you out of the blue.

Comcast, Direct TV, Fios, etc will never call you and offer you a deal that is hard to refuse and making you go to a 7/11 or Walgreen, etc to get gift certificates to pay up for 6 months ahead, etc to get 90% off.

Watch our for time-share scams that claim to free you from your contract. 

Greed, greed, greed...that is the button they push. It works...

👆👆👆
Never, ever open links like that from your email ,ALWAYS go to your search engine to log in to your account.

B

Recieved two emails today, one from "Netflix", one from "PayPal" saying my accounts were locked or limited. Of course they asked me to sign in, NO NO NO! Checked the sender's address & they BOTH came from the same place, [email protected]. Went to both my legitimate accounts & what d'ya know, no locks or limits & everything is fine. I HATE these internet, personal info thieves with a passion. Wish there was a way to track 'em down for a face to face "discussion" about their sleazy, slimy ways! BE VERY CAREFUL about who & what you respond to. Stay safe out there guys & gals.

Gerry

I hear ya. Just today received one from “AT&T” saying same thing. “Log in now!” Type of message. 

Everybody needs to be aware that "THEY" have now set up Internet Store Fronts that look like a real site. The current one uses a Texas Air Guns duplicate website, but has no phone numbers listed on the website. Don't order from online sites unless you know and have verified.

This is correct! The key is the phone number. If you cannot determine if the website is real or not, think logically: what are the odds that you are able to buy the same item that sells for $1000 for $300? Maybe 1 out of 20 that you will find such deal, When it comes to to niche products like HPA airgun, your odds diminish even more trying to find a bargain basement priced item. Don't be the one who gets taken for a ride!

For example; Amazon/Walmart sells a home gym for $350. You see an identical home gym online on a nice neat looking website for $129 shipped. There are numerous positive reviews and little messages popping up that "Joe Blow just purchased one in Minnesota", or "Jane Doe just purchased one in Texas". Use your common sense.

I get those too. The Netflix email came through while we were watching a show on Netflix. I also get notices that someone has unsuccessfully attempted to gain access to my Bank America account, and I need to change the password using the link below. I've never had an account with Bank America.

The best scam is an email stating they have my email password and by opening this email I let in a program that allows them total access to my computer. The email then goes on to give my password, which WAS an old password I used years ago, and claims they "activated" my camera and have video of me watching pic and "by the way you have some very interesting tastes". If I don't send them $3,000 USD in the next 24 hours, they will email the video to everyone in my contacts including my mother. It then goes on to state the program alerts them to the date and time I opened the email so take note.

#1 My computer doesn't have a camera.

#2 My mother doesn't have a computer or email.

#3 I don't watch pic.

#4 They gained access, turned on the camera, and videoed me watching pic just now as I opened the email?

I sent them a reply stating to please do send the video to all my contacts, but to please gain access to their computers and turn on their cameras so as to record their expressions when watching the video of me, and send their reactions to me for my enjoyment. They responded with "your f@$%ing with the wrong people".

I had one of those emails a while back. I was pretty comfident it was bullpois, because I'm far to old to want a sherman tank, and never mind knocking one out in front of a computer.

I responded to the effect that I was going to come round their house and stamp on all their toys and never heard anything back.

When you get these scam emails from known mail servers forward the email to abuse@nnnnnn. nnnnnn being the mail server you got the mail from (Lycos, comcast, Gmail, ect) Most of them will delete the account or at least inform the real owner that their account has been compromised.

YES, I know it doesn't stop the scamers but it can't hurt and only takes a couple of seconds.