• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Be careful out there on American Airguns (AA) Classifieds

Managed to get terminated four scams just during the last there days on American Airguns (AA) Classifieds and I only go there for a few seconds every day. The good news is that two of the scams were killed by the webmaster within 5 minutes after emailing to: [email protected]

If the deal is too good to be true...it's usually not true. I will not post here what usually gives them away but will be glad to tell you offline if you send me a PM. It's not rocket science and may help avoid a costly loss/scam.

Why did I post this? Because I hope the newer airgunners become more aware, and I hope others also help with reporting. Airgunning does not stop at the water's edge. Let's make the lives of dishonest scammers as miserable and difficult as possible. 

Deja, I am not an expert, but the scammers seem to take the path of least resistance. If forum members are aware and on the watchout the scammers tend to go for places like the AA Classifieds where there is less oversight and no members. The thieves are trolling the airgun forums in the US and the UK, and at times in Canada. AGN put in some measures in place, and so did the Yellow which seem to have reduced the scams. But people get complacent after a while.

Scammer on AA Classfieds using AGN's older ads, already at least twice. This is his email: [email protected]

====================================================================
Ad#: 131488
Name: Alex
Email: [email protected]
ForSale: FX Gladiator MK II .22 cal. the rifle has a regulator installed and a tune by the guys at AoA, you can get over 125 shots on high power with one fill. I,I wkk am asking 900.00 and will ship to CONUS. My E-mail is [email protected] . Asking Price: $900

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=131488&adSort=&StartingAd=0&NumberOfPages=6

Hey a guy on American air gun classifieds keeps on texting me trying sale me a gun after I told him I don't want it he keeps on I told him ship it and send me the tracking number and he did but he sent it by a company called blue sky I never heard of it but the tracking says it's coming to my house but I still think something is up. If the gun comes to my house like he says than I'll be a man of my word and send the money

Deja, I am not an expert, but the scammers seem to take the path of least resistance. If forum members are aware and on the watchout the scammers tend to go for places like the AA Classifieds where there is less oversight and no members. The thieves are trolling the airgun forums in the US and the UK, and at times in Canada. AGN put in some measures in place, and so did the Yellow which seem to have reduced the scams. But people get complacent after a while.

Yep, the ease at posting anonymously makes it attractive to scammers. I think a yearly fee would make a lot of that go away. I often wonder if the objective is to dupe someone into sending money, or if they're mining for phone numbers and email addresses.

"fe7565"will not post here what usually gives them away but will be glad to tell you offline if you send me a PM.

why wouldnt you? Think theres a lot of scammers around here?

I do believe that scammers troll through the forums occasionally, or more regularly, looking for easy pickings or ways to sharpen their tradecraft

Posting openly about the glaringly obvious mistakes that they make would only serve to help the scammers hone their skills and make their ads harder to discern from legit ads.

Well I didn't pay the scammer he said he called shipping company told the not to deliver the gun because I want pay he even had a fake tracking number said it was coming to my house

download.png
1587605089_3148387325ea0ee61383176.81046327.jpeg

And this is a picture of his DL that I asked him to send

download.png
1587605146_3865279435ea0ee9a893d94.65375090.png