• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results BCSA July 10th, 2021 Match Report (Binghamton, NY)

BCSA July 10th, 2021 Match Report

Another match is in the books at BCSA (Broome County Sportsmens Assoc. - Binghamton, NY)! We definitely caught a break for this one! The weather in the area has been extremely wet lately and is forecast for the same all this upcoming week. We have had plenty of severe thunderstorms come through and there was still some damage and homes in the nearby that didn’t have power. Match day was overcast to partly sunny with lower humidity and just the slightest of tricky breezes that would pop up at the most un-opportune time.

The strings were all pulled and the sight-in range was set by 7:30am. The first to arrive for the Day were the Himes’, Dennis, Ronda, Tom and Janice. They also brought along Loki to keep an eye on all of us and to keep us in line! Shortly after, the other participants started to file in. We ended up with 13 shooters for the day. A little lighter turnout this time around due to vacations, shows and other prior commitments. One of the shooters for the day was Doug Rogers who made a long awaited return trip to our club. He took an unplanned detour on the way down but arrived just before sight-in ended. After letting him take a few warmup shots, we headed off to the course.

Loki

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="PLLqfe7"><a href="https://imgur.com/PLLqfe7">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We set another similar layout for this match as we did for the last match. 15 of the 30 targets beyond 40 yards (6 of which were beyond 50 yards) with 1 standing and 1 kneeling lane for a difficulty this time of 32.89T.

Local TV Celebrity Nic

We had one cold line during the match to check out a target in the shadows that looked a bit off. All was well with it! All the hits were on the right edge of the paddle and due to the shadows it looked like the paddle was cocked off to one side. No other issues Throughout the match!

Well.............we had an unexpected visitor when we were about 80% done with the rifle match! A good size 3 - 4 year old Black Bear decided to gallop along the right edge of our FT range. Basically it was within 15 -20 feet of our last lane. It went along the edge then cut into where the targets were and then slowed down and just meandered into the woods. Luckily it didn't step on any targets or get caught up into any of the strings!

The Match High score for the day, a 51/60 went to Dennis Himes followed by a 49/60 posted by Tom Himes! Nice shooting Gentlemen! Wyatt developed a scope issue early on, but powered through to finish the match. Pretty sure that issue was solved as soon as he returned home! After the rifle match was complete, we asked the people remaining to help and cleanup the rifle targets and pull the strings on the pistol targets. In no time flat, the targets were loaded and we were ready for the pistol match /10m match!

Out of the 13 shooters for the day, 9 stayed to shoot the second match. Craig Evans and his grandson Wyatt opted to shoot Hunter Pistol while the other 7 of us shot with our non-magnified sighted 10m/low powered rifles.

First, a little back story on the 10m/low powered thing for those that are curious. For quite sometime, I have wanted someone to try shooting the pistol match with their 10m rifles. Back in October of 2019 I figured I’d set the pistol match with all fullsize targets and all painted black with yellow killzones. I made an announcement that I was going to have a low powered non-magnified rifle match running concurrently with the pistol match. 11 people took me up on that offer and had a blast! Plenty of old 10m rifles plus some current turned down ones were used. The rules are simple. Try to keep the energy to 7 fpe at the muzzle or less, an unmagnified sight (Peep, Open, red dot, etc.), any Field Target position AND HAVE FUN!

This part of the match has been well received! Plenty of comments like this goes quick, I did better on the standing lanes with this then my FT rifle, etc.

Originally, we were going to alternate month to month with one being a pistol match and the next being a 10m match but thought why? Run them side by side all of the time! The target color scheme has now changed and will stay the way it is. We are using all white targets with black killzones. It is definitely a fun and relaxing time! Guess the yardage….guess the hold over/under….take the shot! The layout for this months match was:

Now, the above reflects the difficulty based on Pistol Match. Not sure what difficulty level you would apply to the rifles! For this match, we had 2 standing lanes with 1” targets at 12 and 15 yards and 1.5” targets at 17 and 20 yards.

If you ever have the opportunity to try it at a match sometime, go ahead…………..you will probably have fun!

Craig Evans shot Hunter Pistol with his Crosman 1701 but developed a leak and had to take a DNF. Wyatt also shot Hunter Pistol using a Crosman 1720T. The rest of us used our rifles which included a Benjamin 347, Air Arms T200, Diana D75 and Doug Rogers was using his Crosman MAR! Bill Campbell used an Umarex 850 M2 and Louis Hopewell used his thumbholed Beeman AR2078, both shooting for fun as usual! Lots of smiles, fun and NO cold lines!

[/QUOTE]

After the match, those of us there quickly pulled the 20 targets for another super quick teardown that is always GREATLY appreciated! Thanks to all that came out and hope to see the ones that had prior commitments at the next one!

The Pictures from Saturday’s match can be seen here: 7-10-21 BCSA FT Match Photos

The Results:

Rifle Match Results (60 shot match):

Pistol Match Results (40 shot match):