• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BB’s in a PCP?

If I recall correctly, BBs are just slightly smaller than .177. So dual ammo guns (that shoot BBs and pellets) are relying on the smaller diameter of the hard BB to not wipe the (probably) loose rifling from the bore. I remember having several (Crosman and Daisy) as a kid and they all had a small magnet on the probe to keep the BB from rolling down the barrel. These days, if I want to shoot BBs, I use Gammo round lead balls. They run pretty good in my CO2 pistol, Benji 397 and even in the Marauder. Actually, I like them best in my CO2 pistol. It's kind of a classic combo. But they are true .177 and won't fit well in a gun intended for BB's only,
Edit: Ninja'd by knifemaker

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to shoot bb from their pcp? One, bb are smaller than .177 cal and they will just roll out. Two, most wont even fit in most pcp magazine. Three, they will ruin your barrel rifling. Good luck ruining your rifling with bbs. Lol. Even my crosman 2100 that is made to shoot bb and pellet, I will not shoot bb from it due to damaging the rifling over time with bb. Use a proper bb gun that has a smooth bore for bb. They are cheap. Most bb guns are under $50. Do idk why anyone would risk damaging their pcp barrels for shoot some non accurate bbs.
There is a smooth bore barrel available for the 2100 I'm thinking about. I'd like a slightly better quality BB rifle than the current cheap offerings.

I missed the black bird , I so wanted a PCP one shooting a BB at 900 FPS and on full auto, Oh well I settled for a Barra BB gun, even at 400 FPS a BB bounce back all the time , One hit me in the forehead Ouch, The Black bird was and is the king of PCP BB guns.. It took a little work but when converted to PCP and some soup up parts 900 FPS was possible ,Not sure what the rate of fire is but it is fast,
Oh buy the kids some red ryder BB guns and turn them loose in a safe place ..
Mike

Reactions: Dairyboy