• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Battling the Green Monster

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
Got to shoot a 50y Rimfire match today at the Cedaredge Rod and Gun Club. They use the USBR (green monster) cards which are the most difficult inward scored targets out there. The 9 ring is smaller than the N50 10 ring. The 10 is 1/3 the size of the N50 10 ring at .100”. Xs must completely obliterate the .100” 10. Really tough cards.

I shot this 249 7x on my last card. Was happy, yet sad because the miss was completely preventable. There was a significant condition change and I just winged it instead of going all the way over to the sighter to get a feel for it. I’d like to say I learned my lesson, but I’ve struggled with lesson retention in the past. 😀

This is the highest card that has been shot at this club so far.

Mike

IMG_1442.jpeg

Steve….absolutely zero have shown any interest in it at all. I think all the support gear is mostly intimidating and confusing to them. Many of the guys have spent just as much money on their Rimfire rigs, rests, scopes, etc and will continue to spend 20c per shot whether they could save a lot in the long run with air. Unfortunately for them, 20c per shot will not necessarily get them ammo that will do well in their gun. It’s common to see Rimfire shooter match performance rise and fall as they come across good or bad ammo.

Mike

Steve….absolutely zero have shown any interest in it at all. I think all the support gear is mostly intimidating and confusing to them. Many of the guys have spent just as much money on their Rimfire rigs, rests, scopes, etc and will continue to spend 20c per shot whether they could save a lot in the long run with air. Unfortunately for them, 20c per shot will not necessarily get them ammo that will do well in their gun. It’s common to see Rimfire shooter match performance rise and fall as they come across good or bad ammo.

Mike

Not BR related but just yesterday my friend with his Anschutz 54 ran out of his good standard velocity 22rf ammo though he had one older box of SK standard to try at 200Y on the steel donkey which is about 4.5" across the back and we could see a huge difference in the vertical of the two ammos. I know before with his good ammo he'd hardly miss the steel donkey and with the SK standard he didn't hit it much. The vertical of the poor shooting ammo had to be a 9-10". BTW both those ammo's were of the same manufacturer.

Reactions: Loufish