• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Battle of the ‘Buddy Bottles’ - Ninja, Air Venturi, Benjamin, (the) Guppy, Omega, Edgun, Amazon. Who Reigns Supreme? [A few questions]

I know some of this has already been discussed but I have specific questions bulleted below.

I’m finally looking at getting a buddy bottle. My objective is to have gas for when I’m walking in the woods with my GK1 or L2. My current thinking so far is to stay away from Amazon bottles, they seem to have issues with either leaks or have inaccurate gauges. My questions though are as follows-
  • Am I missing any entries as seen below?
  • Has anyone seen a buddy bottle that does 5000psi or higher?
  • Someone with experience with Omega’s HP3 valve, what do you think. Worth the extra cost?
  • Does anyone have complaints with any of the models listed?
  • For anyone who has an Edgun Peazy on a larger bottle (+1L) is it cumbersome to handle?
  • Does the ninja PCP fill valve have a built in bleed screw? Hard to tell from the pictures
  • Is there a reason NOT to get a second gauge to monitor tank pressure. I feel like that’d be nice to have. Less wear on the valve from checking the pressure with a dead head…?
Air Venturi Carbon Fiber Air Tank & Fill Station, 90 Cu In | Utah Airguns

Benjamin Carbon Fiber Tank, 90 cu in, Gauge, Hose w/Female Quick-Disconnect | Pyramyd AIR

Ninja EZ PCP 90ci Carbon Fiber Air Tank - Palm Beach Airguns LLC

Guppy 114 Cu In/20 Cu Ft 4500 PSI PCP Airgun Tank – TopGun-Airguns

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/air-cylinders/omega-18-cu/ft-4500psi-tank-w/hp3-valve-hose-and-qcs/

https://www.edgun.shop/products/premium-carbon-fiber-bottle

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Thank you in advance for your input.

Reactions: bf1956
I bought a Hatsan 1.5 liter 4500 psi bottle. A gauge for output pressure and one for the bottle pressure. Foster quick fill and a bleed directly above it. Hose is about 20 in long, comes with a female Foster fitting on the end. Gauges seem to be pretty accurate for a small as they are. The valve works smooth as silk. 260 bucks from Amazon or Hatsan. I'm extremely happy with it.
The bottle protector is actually a 1.5 l cooler that I found online for 13 bucks. Nicely padded and fits tight, real tight. Originally for a water bottle.
17050876201258727920059085962371.jpg

17050876979156153011135214680398.jpg

I bought a Hatsan 1.5 liter 4500 psi bottle. A gauge for output pressure and one for the bottle pressure. Foster quick fill and a bleed directly above it. Hose is about 20 in long, comes with a female Foster fitting on the end. Gauges seem to be pretty accurate for a small as they are. The valve works smooth as silk. 260 bucks from Amazon or Hatsan. I'm extremely happy with it.
The bottle protector is actually a 1.5 l cooler that I found online for 13 bucks. Nicely padded and fits tight, real tight. Originally for a water bottle.
View attachment 424577
View attachment 424578
Hey brother, by any chance, can you post the link to that bottle kit you found? I can't find it anywhere for that price.

That's cheaper than Amazon but I've never bought from them. Here's the Amazon link

Ninja all the way. Easiest most reliable one hand operation. 1 knob- Clockwise to fill, counterclockwise to bleed. 2 gauges. I have other portable tanks but Ninja is easiest to use and no leaks or worries. Airtanks for sale and others that have small 2nd knob for bleed, fall off from vibration in the trunk of the car. Then you have to look for it. Maybe the newest stuff with big second knob fixed this, but I hate 2nd knobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: LMNOP and Bernie7
You asked about the Peasy in your original post, and while I have not used one I think it would be the perfect setup for adding air to a Huben or L2 while out in the field. It is the lightest, most compact, minimalist venting fill valve available. I'd thread in a foster fitting, and directly insert either of the two fill probes as needed and I'd be good to go. Since you don't need to concern yourself with overfilling either of those guns, you just insert the probe and fill with however much air you can get into it from the buddy bottle and go from there. And since there is very little wasted air on venting, the venting itself is very quiet.

The only question would be the tank size, and for that you need to decide what your trade off is in terms of refills vs. weight and size to carry.

I do have their Easy fill device, and I use it on a buddy bottle set up and it works great. I expect the Peasy would to. I considered a Peasy, but I ended up with the Easy as I decided I needed to have a regulated supply for lower fill guns, in particular my 10m Air Arms Alfa target pistol with a tiny reservoir of only ~27ccs - it's too hard to feather the air into from most valves. But if I did not have that top end of fill constraint, I would have gone with the Peasy. I do use the Easy fill with my Huben and it is great in that application - insert the probe, squeeze for air, let go (with a tiny hiss on venting) and extract it - and leave the line charged for the next fill.

You might want to post a thread directly in the PCP forum (since it gets more traffic) asking for opinions on the function of the Peasy . . .

Reactions: Wauzoo and Bernie7
Alan, this is an excellent point. My big ‘concern’ with going with a Peazy was overall capacity, it seems like the 700cc tank fits really well but that the weight and width would make it unmanageable with the larger size bottles.
You could put it on any bottle that is an 18 x 1.5 thread, so it really would be all about deciding how big a tank you want to carry. But, clearly, the smallest and lightest "package" for a buddy bottle would involve the Peazy, with the understanding that you could not easily control the top end of a fill with it.

I agree that the 700cc is probably the sweet spot. My buddy bottle set up is on a 500cc bottle, and it is great for what I use it for but it would be on the small side for refilling my Huben. If you are filling it yourself Acecare has lots of sizes in CE certification to consider, but there seems to be gap between 700cc and 2L. I bought their 9L of their e-Bay store and have been very happy with it (not suggesting it though - that would be too hard to carry, and I think to big to manage with a Peazy - it warrants a proper fill valve).

I did find a 1.1L Tuxing tank at AliExpress, if you need more air than the 700cc provides.

You could put it on any bottle that is an 18 x 1.5 thread, so it really would be all about deciding how big a tank you want to carry. But, clearly, the smallest and lightest "package" for a buddy bottle would involve the Peazy, with the understanding that you could not easily control the top end of a fill with it.

I agree that the 700cc is probably the sweet spot. My buddy bottle set up is on a 500cc bottle, and it is great for what I use it for but it would be on the small side for refilling my Huben. If you are filling it yourself Acecare has lots of sizes in CE certification to consider, but there seems to be gap between 700cc and 2L. I bought their 9L of their e-Bay store and have been very happy with it (not suggesting it though - that would be too hard to carry, and I think to big to manage with a Peazy - it warrants a proper fill valve).

I did find a 1.1L Tuxing tank at AliExpress, if you need more air than the 700cc provides.
I’m not quite ready to get a compressor to fill bottles. I have a Nomad 2 which hasn’t given me any problems yet but I also don’t take it past 4200 on a 700cc tank and honestly I don’t use it much anyway. Would love to take it to 4500 on the GK1 or 42/4300 on a buddy bottle but with everything I’ve read about that compressor it seems to REALLY fall short when it comes to durability.

To OP .... all you have listed above is way too expensive to my liking, but it is up to you how much you want to burn.
Me personally I would visit some paintball shops or if you can get to an airsoft store. That industry is huge and well saturated.
Look for their 300 bar CF buddy bottles.
I can bet on it you can get a full kit (bottle + bag) from classifieds as well for $ fractions.

Reactions: Bernie7
Ninja has and fills via a QC fitting on the neck with a built in check valve. It makes filling super easy and you dont have to open the valve. I own two Ninja bottles and gave one to my father as a gift. They are made in the USA and are the best of the best.
Good to know, I was wondering about that. And personally anything made in America is worth extra to me even if it was the same level quality.

• Someone with experience with Omega’s HP3 valve, what do you think. Worth the extra cost? - I have a Omega 75cuft cylinder with the HP3 valve that I purchased from AOA in late 2022. After using it a few times and refilling, I didn't think the small gauge was accurate. After I deadheaded to compare it to the large cylinder gauge, I found the small gauge was off about 300psi. The large gauge on the cylinder and the gauge on my Omegas Turbo Charger Compressor read the same. I talked with the tech at AOA and he sent a new replacement gauge at no charge. I emptied the cylinder, replaced the valve, refilled it, deadheaded it to test only to find the new gauge is also off about 300psi. And in the process, I discovered the main O-ring between the cylinder and valve assembly had a tiny leak. AOA sent me a new O-ring at no charge. I could have told him then that I felt the 2nd gauge was off and asked for a replacement, but I didn't so I just live with it and assume the cylinder is 300psi lower than it shows. I would've saved the money had I known this was what I was paying the extra for. Since buying a Huben GK1 pistol, I bought a EaZy Fill and while using that on my fill line, I can always tell what my cylinder pressure is and it saves some fill pressure. I feel this would have been a better investment that paying the extra for the HP3 valve.

Reactions: Bernie7
  • Someone with experience with Omega’s HP3 valve, what do you think. Worth the extra cost? - I have an Omega 75cuft cylinder with the HP3 valve that I purchased from AOA in late 2022. After using it a few times and refilling, I didn't think the small gauge was accurate. After I deadheaded to compare it to the large cylinder gauge, I found the small gauge was off about 300psi. The large gauge on the cylinder and the gauge on my Omegas Turbo Charger Compressor read the same. I talked with the tech at AOA and he sent a new replacement gauge at no charge. I emptied the cylinder, replaced the valve, refilled it, deadheaded it to test only to find the new gauge is also off about 300psi. And in the process, I discovered the main O-ring between the cylinder and valve assembly had a tiny leak. AOA sent me a new O-ring at no charge. I could have told him then that I felt the 2nd gauge was off and asked for a replacement, but I didn't so I just live with it and assume the cylinder is 300psi lower than it shows. I would've saved the money had I known this was what I was paying the extra for. Since buying a Huben GK1 pistol, I bought a EaZy Fill and while using that on my fill line, I can always tell what my cylinder pressure is and it saves some fill pressure. I feel this would have been a better investment that paying the extra for the HP3 valve.
This was excellent feedback, thank you!

Reactions: Wauzoo