• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Battery storage?

If it's a Lithium battery it should be stored at about 3.8-volts per cell. If you don't have one, buy a charger meant for RC hobby batteries. Most of those chargers have a, 'storage' mode on the charger that will charge (or discharge) your battery for you.
Yes, storage mode on R/C lithium chargers are set for about 83 percent charge.

Sorry, couldn’t help my self.

IMG_1670.jpeg

There is no risk by storing your Lithium batts fully charged but if you do so the batteries will lose overall capacity quickly. The reason we store them at 3.8V per cell is to retain the battery's capacity for as long as possible.

I've been in all the various RC hobbies over the decades, including large RC battery powered aerobatic helicopters.

Currently, the only hobby Lipo I run is the one I use to power the full featured fishfinder I use on my float tube! :cool:

Using the "Barra 400E as an example, what is the proper way to store the battery long term ( say, 6 months or longer)? 0% charge, 25% charge ??? Should it be drained, stored separately from the gun or what? How long can it/should it be left fully charged/or drained ? Alpha33\
Like the smart ones said 40-50 percent charge for a LIPO battery in long term storage. The simple fact you are asking says a lot, I bet you don't use a programmable balance charger, because if you did you would know more and not ask in all likilyhood. If you are worried about longevity on your battery pack, you need to use a hobby charger where you choose the max current to charge at, it would also allow you to disharge a pack for storage to the correct level, or if you were below to charge it up to the correct level for storage. For the longest life of any chemistry lion battery pack, you should charge at a current rate equal to 20 percent of the packs amphour rating. For your bara, i think it is a 2100 mah pack, 20 percent of that would be 0.42 amps or 420milliamps however you want to state it. It takes longer to charge that way, but is way easier on the battery and it will last longer. I'm assuming you use a wall wart balance charger on your pack, it is likely a 1amp max current charger which is more than twice the current you want for max life. If you want to add another bit of lifetime to the battery, program the max voltage on the hobby charger to stop charging at 4.1 volts instead of fully charging to 4.2 volts, you give up virtually nothing in capacity and gain a small bit in service life.

Sorry, couldn’t help my self.

View attachment 428942

Want to do the math on number of car fires per unit on the road comparing EVs to combustion engines??

Hint: One of them makes the news every time it happens because people have an agenda. The other one almost never makes the news.

Your meme exists because of a lack of critical thinking and research.

FWIW, I don't even own an EV. It just annoys me when people blindly perpetuate the internet falsehoods.

• Haha
Reactions: rcs9250
Want to do the math on number of car fires per unit on the road comparing EVs to combustion engines??

Hint: One of them makes the news every time it happens because people have an agenda. The other one almost never makes the news.

Your meme exists because of a lack of critical thinking and research.

FWIW, I don't even own an EV. It just annoys me when people blindly perpetuate the internet falsehoods.

There's a term for how you present information. It's called cherry picking.

You seek out stories that fit your narrative and then present them as the norm.

You have not considered how many building fires in Queens were also caused by other means during that time and how that relates to the total number of battery fires that occurred during that period.

Yes, high density batteries can be dangerous. They can and will cause fires when abused. But they are typically much less dangerous than the other combustibles that surround our lives. The ones that cause many more massive fires often and every day.

You have been programmed by very wealthy groups to spew their disinformation for them since they have a very keen interest in making sure EVs don't suck away too much of their petroleum money. You do their bidding for them on social media. You re-post these pics and memes because they are funny and popular. You get likes and shares for kicking the supposed enemy. They are using you as a puppet. Just keep that in mind.

And I'd be willing to bet that you've never even seen or experienced a battery fire first-hand, despite your memes. There's a really good reason for that. An obvious reason if you cared enough to actually consider it.

• Haha
Reactions: rcs9250
There's a term for how you present information. It's called cherry picking.

You seek out stories that fit your narrative and then present them as the norm.

You have not considered how many building fires in Queens were also caused by other means during that time and how that relates to the total number of battery fires that occurred during that period.

Yes, high density batteries can be dangerous. They can and will cause fires when abused. But they are typically much less dangerous than the other combustibles that surround our lives. The ones that cause many more massive fires often and every day.

You have been programmed by very wealthy groups to spew their disinformation for them since they have a very keen interest in making sure EVs don't suck away too much of their petroleum money. You do their bidding for them on social media. You re-post these pics and memes because they are funny and popular. You get likes and shares for kicking the supposed enemy. They are using you as a puppet. Just keep that in mind.

And I'd be willing to bet that you've never even seen or experienced a battery fire first-hand, despite your memes. There's a really good reason for that. An obvious reason if you cared enough to actually consider it.
Thank you for that fine forensic analysis. (Rose from Titanic. )

Reactions: Spartan