Basic (Delta / Alpha Wolf) Tuning Concepts...

That’s all from anecdotal words from the first year. It no longer does that. That’s one of the reasons you set it to the lowest reg pressure that it’ll maintain your speed. If I set my gun away for a couple weeks that first shot will be in the low 870s. Easy day.
PS., when you turn the gun off or it times out it saves the settings it was at. When it turns back on it uses those exact same dwell and voltage setting from prior.
The last flash to the bios is amazing!
In Factory Mode:
Followed your reg tune and now the first shot = last shot before power down. 👍
Thank you. 😀

My Alpha Wolf Safari behaves much better in Advanced mode. I don't have a huge drop in speed when stored. 10-15 fps at the most, and then it's right back after the first shot. That 10-15 fps difference causes no change in my zero when tested, so I'm not concerned.

Reading back through this thread, I want to revisit Factory mode using the method @Centercut mentioned. If that method works for me and I get as good of a standard deviation as I do in advanced mode, it will make me a much happier Alpha Wolf owner.
About the same with my .25 Safari. I do love it much better than my original Red Alpha wolf. It was horrible with the issues. I use advanced mode always. Like setting up my own tunes. Mine does do well in factory. No drop off issues there. But found I couldn't depend on using it. Once the chrony gets to dirty to read shots, your SOL. Has happened 2x now while in the field. Keeping it cleaned sooner than one would think, will help for sure. And to be sure to carry a 9mm mop along for cleaning in the field. But I'll just stick with advanced mode for now. Keep us updated on your experiences. I'm a happy camper with mine.

Hey folks - hasn't someone created a simple cheat sheet for a (NOVICE) like me to follow for setting optimum performance:

1) various pellet size / weight / speed
2) Barrel Length = 18” ? or 23” ?
3) Reg Pressure = degass to lower
4) Dwell time = hammer
5) Voltage = speed

It would seem “to me” that the Alpha / Delta Wolf has been out long enough as platforms, where all these variables with their optimal settings have been discovered?

Come on Daystate or Whoever - make it easy please.

Last edited:
There are some Alpha Wolf's, from talking to other Alpha owners I know, that when in factory mode and let's say set for 30 minutes, when fired will be 100fps low and take 5 shots or more to get back or set fps. Also was told from a factory tech. that in advanced mode that doesn't happen because in advanced mode the pellet fps Isn't changed from info from the chrono, if I heard and understood correctly, like factory mode. Like WTF...who's on first and what's on second and why's on third.
my alpha wolf safari does this. It is more consistent in advanced mode but theres still low power first shots. It screws up my pesting. Im not happy with that. Its also not great in to hot or cold temps.