• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Base for Impact M3.

The newer Impacts have 20 moa built in, I'm wondering if a scope base with 20 moa built in also is advisable. The gun will be an Impact M3 .35 setup for medium to long range with pellets and slugs. Details are a little bit hard to come by as far as what barrels will be available in .35, but I'm hoping the liner will accommodate pellets, Hybrids, and the lighter range of NSA slugs. The alternative would be Eaglevision adjustable rings, or the Eaglevision adjustable base. I want to be able to switch between my ATN 4K Pro and either the Ares ETR, or Cronus. Thanks. 

If you plan on shooting very long range, I would use a canted scope mount or adjustable rings to maximize your available elevation travel.

The 20 MOA built into the scope rail is barely enough to account for barrel sag, IMO FX should have went with 30 or 40 MOA of cant in the rail although that might have caused problems for people using scopes with limited elevation travel who might not be able to zero their scopes.

Even with the 20MOA of cant in the factory FX rail my scope is only 1 mil below mechanical center of elevation at zero, currently running a zero cant scope mount. I'm running a Cronus BTR so it has ~32 mils of available elevation, and have 17 mils of up elevation available from zero. I may change to a 6 or 9 mil scope mount (20 or 30MOA additional cant) just to be able to fool around at longer ranges.

You can often squeeze out a little bit more available elevation by indexing the liner, try rotating it a bit at a time until the point of impact is the highest.

You might also want to look at the adjustable rail from K&L...

https://krafordandlypt.com/collections/fx-airguns-parts-and-accessories/products/fx-impact-range-extender

Thank you. I want to keep the adjustment in the mount. I won't be shooting long range with the 4K Pro, but I will with the Athlon. I'm hoping to find a qd one piece base with adjustment. There are a few options out there, but sometimes it's hard to find in 34mm.

There are lots of good 34mm options out there. 34mm is extremely common these days, especially in the powder burner world.

I tend to always look at the powder burner centric scope mounting hardware first... I know the adjustable rings with split bases and pinch screws for airgun use work fine for basically no-recoil airgun use, but coming from powder burners I always find myself doubting how stout rings and mounts built like that are because they rely on friction to hold everything in place and know they would move if mounted on a powder burner with actual recoil. Again, this is one of my personal hangups given my background of coming from long range powder burners, so I tend to recommend stuff I know will live on a rifle with actual recoil.

For individual rings at a reasonable price, I've had very good luck with Burris Signature XTR rings. Can go from 0 to 40MOA in 5 MOA increments with the offset inserts. They're built much more solidly your typical split cut & pinch bolt style adjustable rings intended for airgun only use. They repeat zero very well if you use a torque wrench.

For a fixed cant 1 piece style mount, there's lots of options... nightforce, badger, spuhr, ARC, RRS, etc.

If you want a highly repeatable adjustable cant 1 piece mount to really take some long shots by adjusting cant while in use, there are several very nice options out there: ERA-Tac, Ivey, Cold Shot.

If you don't mind the split base & pinch clamp construction method, Eaglevision makes plenty of options... but most of them are so high you're going to want some kind of adjustable cheekrest.

You need this:

IMG_20210801_212258_449.1630511086.jpg