Barrel wobble

Thanks for the reply. There is a single screw on one side have tried and cannot get it to move. I am sure it has locktite on it but don't want to strip it out. No iron sights. I have been using 40 lb bags on a table as a rest. Getting 4" groups at 25 yds. When I try to adjust grouping with scope it will move as expected a few time and then it just jumps way over. I am sure scope is bad, but wanted an idea of how solid the barrel hinge should be.

Welcome to AGN.

I feel any barrel wiggle when a break barrel is locked up after cocking it is unacceptable. That said, I would suggest making sure the screws holding the action in the stock be checked to make sure they are tight and not allowing the whole action assembly to move while testing it for wiggle.

Gamo has got kinda fussy about owners working on their own guns and sale of parts. Although I've never dealt with the locktited screws in those I've owned, I have seen many posts regarding how Gamo discourages home repairs.

Regarding the scope, your description of it's performance implies it's bad. The recoil actions of a springer can kill scopes so using an existing scope mounted on a powder burner is risky. Dealing with a parallax of a scope set at 100 yards (assuming your 270 is set there) may hinder your test results as well.

I would suggest buying a decent scope noted to handle the dual recoil actions of a springer since you will be needing one even if you junk the Gamo. New springer packages that include scopes are not noted to be very robust.

My experience with Gamo's was many years ago with the steel breached models and one plastic breach when they first came out. They all shot OK but I didn't care for the triggers and didn't trust the plasic breach after seeing some stretching of the area around the locking lug.

My hands down personal favorite springer is the R9/HW95 and is something I can pass down when I can't use it any longer. I believe a quality spinger is worth the price and can hold their value longer over cheaper models.

Im sure you looked up gamo pivot bolt and see that some are near imposable to remove. Some models gamo used some mean stuff or some day chemical bonded .. you could break the bolt off or somthing close to it .. my gamo whisper fusion mach 1 was rasy to temove as normal but i assume the lower models got that bolt tamper proofed.. (why gamo ?).

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=165275.0

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.com/airguns/index.php?topic=17229.0

Hopefully yours aint like them cause mine was no different then a hw to remove , heck maybe easier.. but with gamos crazy ways you never know

Reactions: survivor45
Thanks for the reply. There is a single screw on one side have tried and cannot get it to move. I am sure it has locktite on it but don't want to strip it out. No iron sights. I have been using 40 lb bags on a table as a rest. Getting 4" groups at 25 yds. When I try to adjust grouping with scope it will move as expected a few time and then it just jumps way over. I am sure scope is bad, but wanted an idea of how solid the barrel hinge should be.
Not that it matters but the Model is not mentioned. I have fixed several of them with 5/16 brass washers. Just sandpaper them down until they fit snug and tight. As for that Torx screw it is more or less shouldered and is already bottomed out. It also has some kind of industrial thread loc applied to it. The way I remove them is to put the rifle in padded jaws in the vise and arrange my soldering gun so the tip contacts the inside of the torx bolt and let it transfer heat for 30 minutes or so and then using a good and high quality impact torx bit and impact driver put all of your weight into the impact driver, use short quick attempts to get the bolt to move, be very careful as one slip and you are done, the bolt head will strip out and ruin your day. If this does happen use a dremel and cut a straight notch clear across the bolt head and use a large screwdriver . The secret is to really apply your weight to the impact tool and do not let it slip.
The newer rifles are now different and seem to be made to work on where as Gamo was determined with the older box store rifles that no ordinary owner would be able to disassemble the rifles. If you need parts they are available direct from Spain. Do not even ask from the Arkansas factory or distributor as they are no help at all, you can get parts direct from Spain. Takes around three weeks.
Cheers
Kit