• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Barrel tensioner/shroud

I believe it was 13 x .05 on the shroud end and the tranfer port end...I have to find it in the thread again...do

Yes, you can directly thread the CF tube to the transfer port side. That's my plan too with the tap I showed. At the end of the day, the CF tube will be epoxied to the liner, and the transfer port will be "stuck on" too. It's possible to not have it be stuck on too, but that is going to be extremely difficult to keep epoxy off no matter what way to push on the tube (Its going to get in the threads on the CF tube both ways).. Since i know it's going to be stuck on, I'mjust going to epoxy the transfer port to the liner too, just to make the hole assembly even more rigid

This weekend I'll try and fix my lathe up and take some pictures of me threading the CF tube / gluing it all together with JB weld. I was just waiting to thread it on there to ensure its all 100% centered, and to justify a new 6 jaw chuck I bought :). To center the CF tube on the shroud, I like to use very thin o-rings and shove it between the CF tub at each end and liner to make sure its centered. However it wont be needed on the transfer port side- only muzzle side. If an O-ring wont fit, ill use index cards or something that does.

Barrel liner lock thread type

Tranfer port thread type

Just to confirm before I locate some taps on amazon

Transfer port AND liner lock is is 13x0.5mm the one you posted wtih the 1/2-20 isnt for the .357. Technically you don't need the liner lock doing it this way, but using it allows you to thread on the stock shroud and use the 18mm thread moderators. On the 357 this 13mm liner lock threads into the shroud "end cap" and that has the 18mm thread for the moderators. I'm not going to use the liner lock on mine (But thats becaase i can bypass it with making something on the lathe). I cant do metric threads on the lathe, so i dont want to get stuck with that thread size.

Reactions: 7Green