• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Barrel tensioner/shroud

Bullet central and their shroud/barrel tensioner got me thinking because I like the way they look and I would love to have a stiffer barrel on my 35 cal impact.

The barrel on the 35 cal is nearly 14mm and the shroud is 28mm. Aquiring the end parts to epoxy in is the issue, at least for me. So if anyone has experience in putting together one and aquiring parts, let me know as I would be interested in building one.

While looking at the bc version, I wondered if the tension would loosen over time and from just handling the gun. If a different style end cap, where the shroud tapers down to the carbon fiber barrel piece was used near the block, perhaps a cyclindrical aluminum c type clamp could be machined to connect the block with the shroud taper piece to more permanently hold the tension.

Last edited:
I was more referring to building my own because it doesn't look all that complicated.
Understand, perfectly now. The .35 has been a sore spot for me with FX. I’ve been waiting for that slug liner since they introduced the .35 and was even told it would be out “soon”. Then it was by the fall and that was last year.
Finally I see one of their tester’s videos and still nothing. So I switched the M3 to a .30 and power tuned it and that’s where it shall stay for a while at the least.

I agree, they have been slow as mollasses. I previously had really good accuracy with 93 grain nsa slugs in the 860fps range. With my new mods I can sling them 960-970 + fps.

Groups turned into a couple inches at 50 yards though. I still need to retune it, but the whole tensioned barrel and shroud idea got me thinking that maybe tighter groups are possible at higher speeds if the barrel was stiffened up.

Plus I like the look of carbon fiber more than the matte black aluminum shroud.

Reactions: ram2jeep
Does anyone know the various pitches on the air stripper side/ shroud points on the 35 cal?

M18 x 1mm is the shroud side I believe, but what about the other?

This is the idea for the block side. Reduce from 14mm x 20mm and 25mm x 28mm. Then a c type or tubular clamp can be placed between the fitting and the block to lock it down after the threaded tension is applied. Plan is to thread it on like the bc setup, but permanently hold the tension after.

20220821_034434.jpg